Banlist Discussion!

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
RicardoRix

Re: Banlist Discussion!

Post by RicardoRix »

lpoulter wrote: 14 April 2022, 20:37 Was any data provided to support the bans?
AFAIK they tally the responses of this thread to make a decision.
erx2

Post by erx2 »

is there a place where announcements about the banlist are posted? would love to just know when updates happen, thought i was crazy for a bit when i saw Big Country was now on the banlist.
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

erx2 wrote: 19 April 2022, 04:45 is there a place where announcements about the banlist are posted? would love to just know when updates happen, thought i was crazy for a bit when i saw Big Country was now on the banlist.
No announcement were made. We just followed majority opinion of this thread to add these two cards right before the start of new season while waiting for data analysis for more precise post.
Old_Pepikos

Post by Old_Pepikos »

Is it time to ban the carrot museum?

In my opinion this card is bad or overpowerd. I see too many sheepwalker/childless/book case games where players get a ton of "free" vegs resulting in an easy win. I never played with the cross-cut wood card but i feel like the free extra wood was the reason to ban that card. So why not ban this one?
shige_314

Post by shige_314 »

IMO, Cow Prince is worth discussing in the new deck.
Its point ceiling isn't as high as Braggart,
but it brings several points so easily.
How do you all think about it?
SabinL

Post by SabinL »

Could be. Let's wait and see. I've played it once, got 3 points out of it without any combo with the card. I could see how it oculd be worth 6+ pts combo'd with a couple other cards
Prohell

Post by Prohell »

I suggest little peasant to be banned for the same reason big country was, basically you get no interaction/counterplay against it, I think though cow prince needs a strong setup to be strong, it seems strong but definetaly not OP in my opinion.
Prohell

Post by Prohell »

pepikos wrote: 09 June 2022, 13:19 Is it time to ban the carrot museum?

In my opinion this card is bad or overpowerd. I see too many sheepwalker/childless/book case games where players get a ton of "free" vegs resulting in an easy win. I never played with the cross-cut wood card but i feel like the free extra wood was the reason to ban that card. So why not ban this one?
Carrot museum is not that strong alone, it needs to be set up, with childless, you have to set up childless and plow some fields and to make it strong, and also it's cost is not that cheap, but yeah strong.

On the other hand with sheep walker you have to sacrifice early game wood tempo or have other cards to help you, and also you need to grab a bunch of sheeps and have your feeding solved by stage 3 which is not easy to accomplish.

Carrot museum has a bunch of counterplays, does not feel op to me
silentcj

Post by silentcj »

Now that the new cards are in Beta, can we see if we can reach a consensus to add the following to the banlist. These are basically crosscut wood versions 2 and 3; being annoying passing minors that warp the wood economy of the game in the same way. So they hopefully shouldn't need as much discussion :)

Writing Boards
Baseboards

Looking ahead and while it's still early days, I think the following should also be discussed as banworthy.

Trade Teacher - way too efficient, way too many resources, collector with no downside
Wood Slide Hammer - too efficient for a 1W minor
Little Peasent - annoying, low player interaction and strong
EconSean

Post by EconSean »

I haven't played enough with the new set to have full thoughts on all the cards, but I just wanted to go ahead and say that Little Peasant should be added to the ban list immediately. Somehow this card has an even dumber play pattern than Big Country while having the same issues: If you play this early in the game, because all of your important actions cannot be blocked, you can just spend your time taking actions on the board that other people want and generally getting in their way while advancing your game. It's some of the least fun I've ever had playing Agricola, and I'd be a lot happier never having to play against this card again.

Return to “Agricola”