SUGGESTION: Allow takeback of remover if word is rejected

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
yowzah1

SUGGESTION: Allow takeback of remover if word is rejected

Post by yowzah1 »

Hi, all. I love this game, and have a suggestion. I suggest that the game allow the user to put back ink on a letter if he/she just removed it (using a remover) in this same turn.

The dictionary used is sometimes faulty (especially 12dicts), or just regional. If I remove ink from a letter, and then submit a word that gets rejected by the dictionary, I think I should be able to take that action back (i.e., put the ink back on the letter and get my remover back). Without this, I feel that I'm taking unnecessary risk removing ink, because I never know if the dictionary in use will accept my word (even though I know it's a word in "real life").

I don't think this will adversely affect the game, or give any advantage to any particular skill level of players.

What do you think? Have you run into this? Have you removed ink from a letter to make a word, only to find that the dictionary rejected it, and now you're stuck with an un-inked letter you didn't need to un-ink?
ufm

Re: SUGGESTION: Allow takeback of remover if word is rejected

Post by ufm »

Removers must be used 'before' spelling a word. That's it. Refund is against the rules.
After all you may use broader word list or voting system instead of 12dicts as you see fit.
Also, Don't forget most word games reject proper nouns.
JackHH

Re: SUGGESTION: Allow takeback of remover if word is rejected

Post by JackHH »

yowzah1 wrote: 17 July 2021, 16:24 What do you think? Have you run into this? Have you removed ink from a letter to make a word, only to find that the dictionary rejected it, and now you're stuck with an un-inked letter you didn't need to un-ink?
I've had this happen to me a couple of times too. While it's frustrating, I accept it as part of the game. It's your job to manage risk when using ink and using erasers.

Glad to hear you are loving the game!

Return to “Hardback”