Possible Variant to change Tile Number 6 in the new version back to the old version?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
fafa-fr

Re: Possible Variant to change Tile Number 6 in the new version back to the old version?

Post by fafa-fr »

fafa-fr wrote: 31 July 2021, 11:59 But I think I'll try to ask Stefan Feld on BGG to see if he would agree to oficially approve this variant.
Since I didn't have an answer from Stefan Feld yet, I'll change the default for 1st edition, and I have asked to change the arena setting too.
Pistol Star

Re: Possible Variant to change Tile Number 6 in the new version back to the old version?

Post by Pistol Star »

fafa-fr wrote: 10 September 2021, 09:36
fafa-fr wrote: 31 July 2021, 11:59 But I think I'll try to ask Stefan Feld on BGG to see if he would agree to oficially approve this variant.
Since I didn't have an answer from Stefan Feld yet, I'll change the default for 1st edition, and I have asked to change the arena setting too.
Awesome! Well done! It is already implemented!

Thank you very much for your great work :)

I know a lot of players who you just made very, very happy :)
Niall

Post by Niall »

fafa-fr - thanks, fantastic work! Your efforts are much appreciated.
mikykcul

Post by mikykcul »

I think at least we should have an option for excluding this knowledge tile 6 as default
As this tile can determine the winner if it appears before the round d
Really appreciate your efforts in working on this
flolem

Post by flolem »

i bring back a old topic... but just saw it...

I didn't see any post on BGG talking about this issue ??

So i wonder if a fix has been found for this overpower tile ?

I have the 2019 edition at home.. I saw only once this tile and before this topic, never saw it as overpowered
And yes the old 6 tile, i found it weak
Pascalbro

Post by Pascalbro »

flolem wrote: 09 February 2022, 18:36 i bring back a old topic... but just saw it...

I have the 2019 edition at home.. I saw only once this tile and before this topic, never saw it as overpowered
It's not overpowered. People just don't like losing and find things to blame. What changed from first edition? Oh this, so it must be this.

They implemented 'changes' in the form of arena, which is completely inactive save for elite players beating up on low ranks.

I've been staying in the simple game. This tile isn't an issue, at any level, any more than other tiles like +-1 to die on main, removal of beige tile restrictions, 2 silver per sale.

And everyone has the same chance of getting these. Statistically, it balances out.

So, no idea who started this fantasy, but in my experience, it's all in people's imagination.
Pistol Star

Post by Pistol Star »

flolem wrote: 09 February 2022, 18:36 i bring back a old topic... but just saw it...

Here are some threads on BGG regarding this tile:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/234067 ... ion/page/1

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/270040 ... ry-edition

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/278516 ... y-6-busted

Unfortunately no fix has been so far implemented regarding knowledge tile number 6 in the 2019 edition.

I find the old knowledge tile 6 to be a (very) good tile when you have a good to strong silver engine. I think there are many knowledge tiles that are worse than the old tile 6.
flolem

Post by flolem »

would it be possible for the developper to add a option to always play with the original edition for this tile... in the 2019 edition ?

Because i'm not a fan of playing the old edition in arena..
THe other knowledge change in the 2019 edition are good
Qualitaetsgarant

Post by Qualitaetsgarant »

flolem wrote: 10 February 2022, 18:10 would it be possible for the developper to add a option to always play with the original edition for this tile... in the 2019 edition ?

That would be a really good solution (although 3 VP / Bonus Tile seems too much for 2p)
Pistol Star

Post by Pistol Star »

Qualitaetsgarant wrote: 10 February 2022, 19:08
flolem wrote: 10 February 2022, 18:10 would it be possible for the developper to add a option to always play with the original edition for this tile... in the 2019 edition ?

That would be a really good solution (although 3 VP / Bonus Tile seems too much for 2p)
I agree it would be awesome to play the 2019 edition with this little tweak. Even with the new 3VP/Bonus tile. Obviously it is now clearly overpowered compared to the already strong first edition tile but i think overall the 2019 edition has a better package once tile 6 is back to it's previous state.

I love the in-between buy option during an action. It makes the game imho deeper, more fun and satisfying. The nerf of tile 15 is also very welcome as it was clearly overpowered in the first edition.

Return to “The Castles of Burgundy”