Undo Move Option

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Fatty

Re: Undo Move Option

Post by Fatty »

Reidar55 wrote: 07 August 2021, 10:51 My ideal would be to have two buttons - undo last action, and undo turn (as it is now).

Repeated clicks of the Undo Last Action would undo back to the beginning of the turn (which would, by then, be the same as Undo Turn).

Admittedly, I have no idea of the programming difficulty for this, but it would be the same functionality as, for example, Microsoft Word, and many other applications.
I would love to have two buttons as well, one for undo last action and one for undo turn, even if repeated Undo Last Actions is not possible (that would be the best, but I understand that programming this can be very complex).
bananasplay

Post by bananasplay »

Reidar55 wrote: 07 August 2021, 10:51 My ideal would be to have two buttons - undo last action, and undo turn (as it is now).

Repeated clicks of the Undo Last Action would undo back to the beginning of the turn (which would, by then, be the same as Undo Turn).
This is the correct option: "Undo last action" (assuming that this means "undo most recent decision") would let a player undo step by step as needed, while "Undo turn" would be for speed and simplicity.

As an example, Kingdom Builder correctly implements both of these undo options and there's no reason that all new implementations shouldn't incorporate these features from the very beginning.
Please check my profile for a list of bugs that need upvotes so that BGA will maybe get around to fixing them.
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

bananasplay wrote: 11 August 2021, 19:48

This is the correct option: "Undo last action" (assuming that this means "undo most recent decision") would let a player undo step by step as needed, while "Undo turn" would be for speed and simplicity.

As an example, Kingdom Builder correctly implements both of these undo options and there's no reason that all new implementations shouldn't incorporate these features from the very beginning.
There is a very good reason, it's a lot of complexity on the dev side. The framework only allow out of the box save/load state at a given state, so you can't have both without additional works, which can be very tedious, and no a big improvement if you already have the "restart turn" feature. Recall that using this should be exceptional anyway, only for misclicks or big mistakes, the goal of undo is not to explore all the possible paths to see what happen.
bobinut

Post by bobinut »

Is convenient but hardly necessary in this game. Since you are only undoing 1 or 2 actions anyway, It is not a priority
Taj1

Post by Taj1 »

leave it the way it is. I've only had to use it 1/2 a dozen times. Personally, I think the game last long enuf w//o encouragement. taj 1
DimaTr

Post by DimaTr »

bananasplay wrote: 11 August 2021, 19:48

I really support this idea.
This is especially true when consists of 3 moves.
It is very easy to make a mistake when it is possible to buy from the Market at the expense of coins, or workers (after acquiring the appropriate Yellow tile 6).
And you have to roll back for 3 moves. :roll:
Very important when playing fast.

This solution is applied here: https://www.boiteajeux.net/

Return to “The Castles of Burgundy”