Undo Move Option

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
matagouri

Re: Undo Move Option

Post by matagouri »

I agree that "step by step" (not die-by-die) is what I would expect for such a button. But I also agree with Corwin007 that just having the current (Undo Entire Turn) option is acceptable (if not great) - re-doing the first 80% of one's turn involves relatively few clicks compared to some games.

It annoys me more that the un-done turn actions continue to clutter up the turn log (apparently in all games), but that's not the topic of this thread. :D
Aeneas90

Post by Aeneas90 »

I'm just happy with any undo. If that means I have to redo the whole turn instead of just the last action - that's still 100x better then no undo at all.
MrMoo28

Post by MrMoo28 »

Having to undo the entire turn is a little frustrating with a simple misclick causing the redo of potentially multiple steps. Regarding undoing an entire dice's action or individual steps i honestly don't mind - just whichever is easiest to implement! What does Yucata do, it's been awhile since I finished a game on there. Whatever they do I like :D (or I'm just used to more likely..)
Zalaz

Post by Zalaz »

I think that the Option undo Last step is positive for Gamers to correct a misclick. It's Not fine to Play on while you know that you will loose because of you Tap next to your chosen Move. That (misclicking) Happens to me Often while playing lucky Numbers.

Undo the whole Turn is Not necessary and invites some Players to Test which decision gives the Most Points instead of thinking about IT, and If you will undo completely Turn IT makes Sense for Training Modus.

Thx for asking!
dragonbane

Post by dragonbane »

Corwin007 wrote: 07 August 2021, 10:01 think it would also be less of a source of errors, since it wouldn't group several things, and so would have fewer things to check each step. Honestly though, as much as I love complete undos at all levels, CoB turns are simple enough that even a whole turn reset is already fine. :)
Agreed 100%.
darkandlong

Post by darkandlong »

Current undo works just fine IMO. At most you do 4ish things with your turn/dice. I don't see the need to add another undo. This isn't a wargame or heavyweight euro with a ton of moving parts.
marcnelsonjr

Post by marcnelsonjr »

Undo entire turn is all I need.
sesselfussel

Post by sesselfussel »

Same here, I can just agree! Of course it is nice to just undo one die, but hey! We are not 80 or 100, and we still should be able to redo the few little clicks in case we start all over again. Is it really necessary to have every tiny little thing completely worked out and to be "that lazy"? People here work for free and implement so many times so great games! it is a nice feature but it is more important to have the "real bugs" eliminated before I start taking time of the programmer to take care of something even more nice ... At this point thanks for all the great things that are already working fine here and I love to play the castles already. The only thing I can't get along with but that's my personal problem is the new looks! I play the old version and I'm still not friends at all with the new edition ... it is horrible ... (the layout, not the implementation here! The programmer did a wonderful job!)
NunuKar

Post by NunuKar »

The experience I had was the following:
On my second die, I clicked a tile on the board to take into my storage, forgetting that my storage was full. The only option I had was to discard a tile from storage - or undo the entire turn. In this case, there could be a "cancel" button next to the "discard a tile" button, so I could do something else with that second die without having to start from the beginning again. Or when I clicked on the tile on the board, there could be an "are you sure? Your storage is full" message before committing.

Remember, this isn't just about the player (me); it's also tiring for the other players to have to wait while an opponent replays their entire turn. Especially since we can't see what they're doing. It's easy to think they're not playing at all.
Thanks for coding this awesome game!
Thraka1

Post by Thraka1 »

I wouldn't complain if you implemented (would do it based on last die, but could be last click as well), but frankly seems unnecessary. Turns are already super fast so undoing whole turn is fine. I feel entirely differently about Through the Ages (would kill for a last action undo), but those turns are far longer and more complex.

Return to “The Castles of Burgundy”