Saboteur 2 original rules

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
-Janar-

Saboteur 2 original rules

Post by -Janar- »

Hi!

I would like to know what rules and settings i have to activate to play saboteur as original saboteur2.
Like what is "old mine" and "new mine". What settings should be activated? What´s miners counterattacks etc.

Thanks!
compte obelète

Re: Saboteur 2 original rules

Post by compte obelète »

-Janar- wrote: 06 August 2021, 15:51 Hi!

I would like to know what rules and settings i have to activate to play saboteur as original saboteur2.
Like what is "old mine" and "new mine". What settings should be activated? What´s miners counterattacks etc.

Thanks!
Old mine make gold poorly present while new mine do the opposite.

Miners counterattack is making any normal sabotages being more powerful, if at least one sabotage is still on your piles, you don't get any gold. A new sabotage is the prison, do the same as normal sabotages, but you can't do any moves. Another card is steel, at the end of a round, if the 5th element is in a green circle (on BGA), you can steel 1 gold form any players that have at least 1 gold.

For the rest, I will wait a bit.
Yorgad

Re: Saboteur 2 original rules

Post by Yorgad »

Hi,

Not sure if I understand your question. But I'll try to answer it nonetheless.

If you chose to activate "Miners counterattack" then you're playing Saboteur 2 (with blue team, green team, geologist etc.)
If you chose not to, then you're playing Saboteur 1 (with diggers and saboteurs only)
These are two different/independent games with different game mechanics.

"Old Mine", "New Mine", "Competitive mode", "Selfish mode" all are variant scoring only for Saboteur 1.
"Visible Gold" and "Max saboteurs" are BGA variants added following discussion with game designer for better online experience.

You can consult the rules here:
https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?ga ... ay_seemore

Note: you may see a house rule on BGA also where players are requested to play "silent" a.k.a not revealing game info on the chat although official rules allows to do so (because it's a bluffing game initially)

Cheers,
Y.

Return to “Saboteur”