Original vs American Version

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Jelfo

Original vs American Version

Post by Jelfo »

Hi, what is the difference between the two versions?

Thank You. Regards

Jean-Louis
Shobu

Re: Original vs American Version

Post by Shobu »

Seems they are similar, only cosmetics differences.
Heard about an Halloween version with some re-balanced titles.
Jest Phulin

Post by Jest Phulin »

Having both physical games, and without doing a piece-by-piece analysis, they appear to be the exact same game. 1x1 patches and button income are on the same spaces on the time track, the cross is 0 buttons for both versions, the odd pieces cost the same. I'm pretty sure it was strictly a reskin.
ufm

Post by ufm »

It's a reskin. I wonder why 'edition' option is in the table setting, not individual player preference though.
virelai

Post by virelai »

Yeah, I would love if each individual could decide which look they prefer, like in Can't stop for example!
Jest Phulin

Post by Jest Phulin »

There was a bug report/suggestion to make it individually displayed, and the suggestion was rejected.

The reason given was player color. The log and player area display the color of the player. Classic version has green/yellow players, Americana version has red/blue players.
galehar

Post by galehar »

Well, it would be nice if classic were the default. Are there really people who prefers the american version? I find it to be incredibly ugly.
Trociu

Post by Trociu »

galehar wrote: 13 August 2021, 08:10 Well, it would be nice if classic were the default. Are there really people who prefers the american version? I find it to be incredibly ugly.
I agree but it's much easier to count parts of the tiles. I play American version on Xbox because of the bug causing some tiles to appear as part of a square :D
Lymon Flowers

Post by Lymon Flowers »

Yes, the Americana version is just a pain to see. A matter of taste, perhaps, but I would really love this to be a player preference. Not sure the color thing in the log would be too difficult to fix.
epski

Post by epski »

virelai wrote: 12 August 2021, 12:18 Yeah, I would love if each individual could decide which look they prefer, like in Can't stop for example!
*upvote*

Return to “Patchwork”