strange games

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
actrx

strange games

Post by actrx »

Hello,

I would like your advice about two games i recently played against one player in arena (i will not name it)

For both games, he lost almost immediatly each time for the 4/5 first round. And in one turn (even if he just had 4 points on column 6) doing completly column 3/4/6 and win.
And he did something similar for both games.
Usually, when you do one column, you stop (especially if the opponent doesn't have any column yet). I can understand the fact than when it's the "last chance possible" because your opponent will win for sure at the next round, you can try this but it wasn't the case for this games

I checked his history and even if he juste have 50% of winning (which is commun in can't stop), he won 27 of his last 30 games which is a lot for a based luck games.

Do you think it's possible to crack the game to have exactly the good dice ? so do i should signal this player ?

It's turn to turn game so i never saw him playing directly.

What do you think about this ? is it possible that is just luck ?
el cosimo

Re: strange games

Post by el cosimo »

At least, you can let it invest, maybe create bug report of it. Normal three rows in one game finished is a very low change. Maybe there is a possibility that he found out to change dice value?
sprockitz

Post by sprockitz »

99.99+% certain something against the Terms of Service is going on here. Either accessing or modifying the random number generator to know or modify what values are coming next.

very frequently winning games in 2 moves. Clear examples of terrible plays always working out means they are doing something illegal. The player knows what dice are coming (either by accessing the random number generator to know what numbers are next or somehow manipulating the system to output the desired numbers).
actrx

Post by actrx »

I don't see how to report this bugg (there is no category for this)

The table are : 194186652 and 193678924

I can see now than the person i was spoken is now first of arena (very quickly)
dannycafe

Post by dannycafe »

50% victory rate, just a lucky guy, he gonna lose soon
dschingis27

Post by dschingis27 »

dannycafe wrote: 05 September 2021, 13:49 50% victory rate, just a lucky guy, he gonna lose soon
Lol, what a superficial comment... The point is not only that she won 27 out of the last 30 games (which is by itself close to ridiculous) but mostly how they are won. E.g. 23 of the 27 wins were 3-0 (which is beyond ridiculous).

I agree with the others that something extremely weird is going on here.
ufm

Post by ufm »

So, basically you are saying the user in question was somehow able to breach BGA security and inject dice values or manipulate RNG.
That's a serious claim. But... I feel fishy as well.
Check out these:
https://boardgamearena.com/table?table=198169600
https://boardgamearena.com/table?table=197194067
I mean, what's the point of completing 4th column in these games, with delays around 30 seconds?
dannycafe wrote: 05 September 2021, 13:49 50% victory rate, just a lucky guy, he gonna lose soon
Games till July do not show this kind of behavior. The whole strange moves suddenly start from August.

Maybe someone else could analyze the odds of moves from this user's recent 200 games (winrate from August to now is 71%).
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

It may be good to see what is the rate of "failed rolls" for this player.
KongKing123

Post by KongKing123 »

This player is pretty much irrefutably cheating somehow. Just plug in some numbers combining these sites: The odds of getting a run of 9 (!) 3s or 4s in a row are approximately 0,11%. Even considering the entire turn and allowing 3, 4 or 11 (with 12 successes in a row) is only a 0,77% chance. I'm not a statistician, but I assume the actual odds will be even lower, since at some point she needs specific numbers.

Sure, it can happen, but a single player consistently having this much luck across several games is statistically impossible.

What's especially damning is that she keeps rolling even though she has already progressed far beyond what can be expected and is under no pressure to continue. To top it off she rolls for the most difficult columns to get a 4-0 after she has already won the game with an extremely "lucky" streak and is very likely to lose the whole run.

You don't do this several games unless you are a) completely incompetent or b) sure it's going to work anyway. The case for b) is quite obvious here.

Screenshots: https://postimg.cc/gallery/sDrHP2p (https://ibb.co/album/4sGyQJ)
beliwan

Post by beliwan »

If correctly implemented it is a completely serverside implemented game. Seems impossible, but the results are also impossible. Maybe analyzing the communication with the server gives some information on the possibilities. Maybe there is some kind of flaw in the communication back...we will never know how she did it.

Return to “Can't Stop”