Help needed with rules? Please post here.

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
BenInJapan

Re: Help needed with rules? Please post here.

Post by BenInJapan »

What happens if I have some poison or shrink ray tokens on me, and the player with the corresponding power dies? Do the tokens stay on me, or will they be removed?
thoun

Post by thoun »

They will stay. They can only be removed with heart dice.
Indulae

Post by Indulae »

Maybe a silly question, but when a monster flee from Tokyo, which monster replace him automatically? I didnt found it in the rules.
robinzig

Post by robinzig »

Indulae wrote: 18 April 2022, 19:43 Maybe a silly question, but when a monster flee from Tokyo, which monster replace him automatically? I didnt found it in the rules.
The choice is only offered if the monster in Tokyo takes damage (from a monster outside Tokyo). If the monster currently in Tokyo flees, it is that monster who attacked them who goes in.
voriki

Post by voriki »

Indulae wrote: 18 April 2022, 19:43 Maybe a silly question, but when a monster flee from Tokyo, which monster replace him automatically? I didnt found it in the rules.
In a 5-6 player game, Players A and B are in Tokyo(Bay), attacked by player C, both leave Tokyo, then C enters Tokyo.
In a 5-6 player game, Players A and B are in Tokyo(Bay), attacked by player C, Player A leaves Tokyo, Player B moves from Tokyo Bay to Tokyo, Player C enters Tokyo Bay
In a 5-6 player game, Player A is in Tokyo, attacked by player C, Player A decides to stay in Tokyo, Player C enters Tokyo Bay
In a 5-6 player game, Player A is in Tokyo, player C did NOT attack, Player C enters Tokyo Bay**
In a 2-4 player game, Player A is in Tokyo, attacked by player player C, Player A leaves Tokyo, Player C enters Tokyo.

** this is the main rulechange between first and second edition of KoT, in 1st ed. you mandatory had to roll claws to Tokyo, but now you automatically enter it after your dice resolve.

This is only valid during the dice resolvement phase, when a player leaves Tokyo for another reason due to a Curse card or Power card, the other player does not automatically enter Tokyo at that exact moment unless stated otherwise.

Return to “King of Tokyo”