View other players moves before confirm?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
patrober

View other players moves before confirm?

Post by patrober »

We are fans of this game and this is a nice implementation. Our only suggestion is it would be nice to see other peoples moves as they do them, before they confirm (eg like in Kingdom Builder) so you have things to watch and comment on. Otherwise you are just waiting for the others to confirm their move which makes it less fun for us.

Would this be possible? (even as a setup option)
fafa-fr

Re: View other players moves before confirm?

Post by fafa-fr »

Yes, it's a work in progress :)
(but it will only be a setup option for the whole table, not a user preference)
patrober

Post by patrober »

Excellent! I was actually going to raise a formal suggestion for this, then noticed it was there already and underway. Be great if you manage as real time games are a bit tedious between moves otherwise.
techiesgoboom

Post by techiesgoboom »

A setting for the table is a great way to handle this!

From a competitive standpoint I really don't want my opponent to see me thinking through moves, but I can also understand in a casual game not minding.
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

techiesgoboom wrote: 13 September 2021, 04:35 A setting for the table is a great way to handle this!

From a competitive standpoint I really don't want my opponent to see me thinking through moves, but I can also understand in a casual game not minding.
You are not supposed to use the undo feature to explore the possible paths anyway, so competitive games wont suffer from that.
patrober

Post by patrober »

fafa-fr wrote: 10 September 2021, 09:13 Yes, it's a work in progress :)
Has this been implemented? Im in the middle of a game, and just saw part of an other players move before he has completed it.
fafa-fr

Post by fafa-fr »

patrober wrote: 14 September 2021, 15:45
Has this been implemented? Im in the middle of a game, and just saw part of an other players move before he has completed it.
It has been deployed 6 or 7 hours ago :) But it should only be active in games that were created with this option (See only confirmed moves set to No), so if you saw it in a game that was started without this option (it's the case for all games started before this new version), then it's a bug :/ I've looked at the code and maybe there's a bug, indeed, but I don't have time to deploy a new version now :/
patrober

Post by patrober »

fafa-fr wrote: 14 September 2021, 16:52
patrober wrote: 14 September 2021, 15:45
It has been deployed 6 or 7 hours ago :) But it should only be active in games that were created with this option (See only confirmed moves set to No), so if you saw it in a game that was started without this option (it's the case for all games started before this new version), then it's a bug :/ I've looked at the code and maybe there's a bug, indeed, but I don't have time to deploy a new version now :/
I didn't notice it again, but that may be because I wasn't online when the others were taking their turn.

On the scale of things, it's not a big issue. Actually, it's not an issue at all.
OakMan

Post by OakMan »

I started playing this game recently. The ability to see moves before confirmed is definitely more natural for playing this game (especially when playing it in real time). Please consider making this option the default (at least for real time tables). I see that most setups are not allowing this option. I'm pretty sure that this is the case, because many players are not aware of it.

Return to “The Castles of Burgundy”