Do u like/hate fire dice? why?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs

1. YES! I like it so much!
29%
2. NO! It's a horrible randomness.
65%
3. I don't care, on /off doesn't matter.
6%

Total votes: 17

nccc

Post by nccc »

I vote NO.

I played like 175 games, and mostly(>95%) are fire dice OFF.
I thought it's BAD randomness...
I DONT want the result is determined by that dice roll. A 1/6 smoke(nothing) save ur ass, while the opponents who r not that lucky burns everything...
It did add a special rule for 1 and 7, which I think is gr8, but I still cant take that randomness...

ok, time to go back to my fire dice off settings, lol
nairobiny

Re: Do u like/hate fire dice? why?

Post by nairobiny »

Fire dice do bring randomness, it's true. But they are pretty much essential for another reason: they change the way fires work.

Without fire dice, the game checks the fire conditions after a collapse. If you play a 7 on top of the bonfire, it will fall until it lands on a piece of its colour and then probably start a fire. It's most likely going to lose you the game. Really the only way to deal with 7s is to try to find a place surrounded by stones.

With fire dice turned on, the game does not check the fire conditions after a collapse. So that same 7 played on top of the bonfire will fall until it lands on a piece of its colour and will just sit there. The next player may be forced to play next to it. If they only have wood or grass tiles, they're going to have to take their luck with the fire dice: 5/6 chance that they'll do some damage. This can make 7s a dangerous attacking piece, rather than a liability to be avoided.

The fire dice totally transform this game and I don't like playing without them.
nccc

Re: Do u like/hate fire dice? why?

Post by nccc »

yea I know about the rules.
But I won't accept fire dice on just because of that rule change. Or at least remove the smoke face.

Return to “Flaming Pyramids”