BGA does NOT follow rules of game start and set up

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
gnocchi donkey

BGA does NOT follow rules of game start and set up

Post by gnocchi donkey »

To argue my point please see the OFFICIAL Queen games video which has a link on this site.

First and foremost the player with the least amount of money starts (total number 21,22, etc)

Second, the player is dealt cash until the amount EXCEEDS 20.
In my current tournament game not only did I get 20 (not exceeding) the other players got 24 26, and 28. You are able to count start of game.

So I had the disadvantage of least value tiles and possible purchase power. In this game I started THIRD.

This is not the only time, seem to have bad luck on deal. but first time I noticed being absolutely rooked in both position and money.

This game does not have a player sequence ending so the starting sequence is essential for game balance. I don't like to quit a game but when rules are not followed and you are at a disadvantage that cannot be made up except for extreme luck on draw of new money card.
Tisaac

Re: BGA does NOT follow rules of game start and set up

Post by Tisaac »

The official rulebook disagree with you on both : it's 20 or more, and the player with the smallest amount of cards go first. So unless the publisher himself ask BGA to change that, there are no reason to change that.

Return to “Alhambra”