Card combos

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
voriki

Re: Card combos

Post by voriki »

Le007n wrote: 07 November 2021, 10:25 Good tactic but I would be interested on @Thoun's thoughts, should the rules allow you to sell a keep card you bought in the same turn since you can't generally benefit from keep cards until the next turn?
thoun wrote: 07 November 2021, 12:17 Text card don't say you can't, I don't see why we should prevent it. When a player is about to get a good combo, other players should buy card/swipe cards to prevent player getting this good combo
Indeed, that's also why they implented a sell-phase inbetween the buy-phase and the end-of-turn-phase. If you could sell during the buy-phase, it would have been an unbeatable combo.? I guess the makers did think of such kind of combos and made sure it was not too much overpowered.
TheSmolDog

Post by TheSmolDog »

Resurrecting this to mention a great combination I've just had:

Wickedness tiles: Final Roar (if eliminated over 16 you win) and Sonic Boomer (add 1 VP per turn)
Costume Cards: Robot (you can choose to lose energy instead of heart) and I purchased Ghost (If you lose at least one heart gain one).
I then also bought We're only making it stronger! (lose 2 heart gain 1 energy).

It meant that once I got into Tokyo I could pretty much sit there. 1 claw hits = No net damager. 2 claw hits - let them come off hearts and get one back and one energy, so 0.5 net heart damage. 3+ claw hits - let 2 come off hearts, the rest out of energy. roll for energy only when my turn, amassing 3 points each time. When I was over 16 VP my opponents could neither afford to leave me in or to kill me. V cool 8-)
TrYde

Post by TrYde »

This is even more wicked with Power Up!
Gigazaur with the evolutions that allow to change a die to 1/2 and claw + Clown => You can trigger Clown effect every turn with ease, combine that with Berserk die and you can roll up to 8 claws per round.

Return to “King of Tokyo”