Request to revert changes to arena mode settings

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
mickalot

Request to revert changes to arena mode settings

Post by mickalot »

There are two changes to the Arena mode settings in this season:
  • Bags roll over at 15 instead of 10.
  • For a failed nil, nil player's bags no longer count towards team bags
Anecdotally, neither of these settings seem to be popular/requested by active players in Arena mode. (If you're a fan of these changes, could you please speak up and correct me?)

Would anyone be opposed to reverting these two changes and going back to the settings from the previous season, e.g. 10 bags and nil player's tricks count as bags but not towards team score?
StonePony

Re: Request to revert changes to arena mode settings

Post by StonePony »

I strongly support this request. When a team takes the lead, the team can just repeatedly underbid with virtually no consequence, because the likelihood of amassing 15 bags is very low. This in turn makes it very difficult to set them or to reverse the score by bagging them out. This change has rendered the game very much less interesting and competitive.
Alisana

Post by Alisana »

I also support the changes to 10 bags and nil player's bags count towards bag limit, like in the original game. Nil player bags definitely need to be counted, as that's how most bags end up accruing, because the partner covering usually needs to take on more tricks.
SuperDave007

Post by SuperDave007 »

I also agree to change the rules back
mickalot

Post by mickalot »

Does anyone know who we can contact to make this happen?
Qualitaetsgarant

Post by Qualitaetsgarant »

Just played one arena game. 100 points for a nil, 15 bags limit and at a nil you dont score bags for the team?

Holy moly, this is beyond ridiculous. I wonder who set this up because i cant find any game sense in this.
NeanderthalMan

Post by NeanderthalMan »

Probably need to be a guru for this Spades and submit/vote on the desired format. The changes are certainly ridiculous and fundamentally change the game.

Return to “Spades”