Players! Please please please ATTACK the player who is in Tokyo!

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
amic1

Re: Players! Please please please ATTACK the player who is in Tokyo!

Post by amic1 »

I'd suggest playing with some (I prefer all :lol: ) of the expansions especially halloween, curses and cultists as they really change the game a lot. I notice, especially with curses that more games are being won by elimination instead of stars when playing with these... especially with curses, those can be brutal and are so unpredictable, really changes the game and the way you need to play. Of course you also need to get with a group that's a little familiar with the curses for it to be really good as people so have never played with them before spend most of the game just trying to figure out what the heck is happening and don't use them effectively. I'd also like to play devil's advocate and say that staying out of Tokyo can be a valid strategy, depending on what costume/power cards you and others have and what you are rolling and you can still win that way so it's not always a play for 2nd/3rd although there are some games where someone can get just so far ahead that it can feel like no matter what you do (hit them if in Tokyo or gun for stars yourself, etc.) but you know at that point you are just playing for 2nd (though this is where the curses can REALLY change the course of the game). Overall game is highly luck based and how enjoyable each game is is dependent upon how well the players know the game, I wouldn't write it off just yet, play with all expansions enabled and every time you play someone who plays well/knows the game well give them a thumbs up so you'll be more likely to run into them again.
Myrskyvaris

Re: Players! Please please please ATTACK the player who is in Tokyo!

Post by Myrskyvaris »

Only if table is playing passive though. If everyone is playing passive they just gift win to that one player who gets into Tokio and deletes table. If everyone is playing aggressive they just gift win to that one player who just stays outside of conflict. Worst case scenario is when it is 3 player game and 1 player is playing aggressive and another passive. If you play aggressive as well and try to contest Tokio, passive player just sits back and wins while aggressive players are smacking each other. If you play passive as well and do not try to contest Tokio, aggressive player just deletes both of you.

Return to “King of Tokyo”