Suggestion: Automove for Aggressions in Aggression Range

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
admitted

Suggestion: Automove for Aggressions in Aggression Range

Post by admitted »

There are times when you are in aggression range of your opponent and they don't have enough military cards to defend or not enough military actions to defend, it should be automatic successful aggression. This change would expedite a lot of aggressions in turn base games.

For instance, if I am staging an aggression with 11 strength advantage and my opponent has 1 age III military card and 3 age II military card but with 2 military actions, the system should compute the highest strength difference that is defendable (in this case it's 6+4=10) thus it's an automatic successful aggression. Same thing applies in age I when you attack with +3 strength and your opponent has 1 military card, the most he can defend is a +2.
erdamoon

Re: Suggestion: Automove for Aggressions in Aggression Range

Post by erdamoon »

As far as I know this is implemented. In a game that I had a very high millitary score compare to my opponent it immediately skipped to me picking the resources that I want to steal.
admitted

Post by admitted »

Partially yes, but there are times where game is paused at waiting for rival to not defend when they can't defend mathematically (either through lack of MA or lack of military cards)

example: https://imgur.com/a/6k3copm
+16 attack (72 vs 56), can't defend mathematically (only 2 military cards, max +12 defense), yet game is pending defense cards from slabeda.
combatcotton

Post by combatcotton »

I clearly see 3 military cards allowed to be discarded, which could be up to 18. Auto skip in this situation would reveal hidden information that the player does not have enough to defend rather than perhabs choses not to. Do you have another example?
Silene

Post by Silene »

combatcotton wrote: 24 October 2022, 03:00 I clearly see 3 military cards allowed to be discarded, which could be up to 18. Auto skip in this situation would reveal hidden information that the player does not have enough to defend rather than perhabs choses not to. Do you have another example?
They can't discard 3 military cards when they have only 2 ;)
Hosting Allround-League: https://boardgamearena.com/group?id=7870115 --> a league where you have matches of random games vs. other players in your group - season 6 started in Nov. '23 with 128 participants.

Return to “Through the Ages: A New Story of Civilization”