Confused by demo

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
BruceGee

Confused by demo

Post by BruceGee »

I read the rules and thought that I understood how the game worked pretty well. Then I read the demo game/replay log here: https://boardgamearena.com/archive/repl ... &comments=
and became much more confused.
The demo would be far more useful if the turn record included marriages and scores. They seem to appear during the replay, but they ought to appear in the turn record on the right-hand side as well. El casimo seems to change from being the catch to a gentleman between moves 8 and 9 -- but there isn't any record of the point exchange, or at the end of the game.
This looks like an interesting game, though, and I'm looking forward to trying it.
Hayden76

Re: Confused by demo

Post by Hayden76 »

Yeah seems like a cool game but I'm in the same boat. I'm going to watch the vid on the game page and see if it helps.
nccc

Post by nccc »

just play 1 or 2 games, and u'll get the concept.
It's pretty ez, I learned it in10 min.
BruceGee

Post by BruceGee »

OK, I've played a full game now, and the problem remains. In the turn-by-turn running record of the game, marriages seem to get skipped. When the game ended, I couldn't really tell which of us the lady had picked or who was the dandiest. All of that information ought to appear in the running account of the game -- otherwise it's hard to keep track of things.
BruceGee

Post by BruceGee »

Just checking in to see if there's been any response to this problem yet. The game isn't really worth playing in its current state, IMO, when we can't tell what happened at the end of each round.

Return to “Lady's Choice”