Res Arcana Game Updates

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
lordalx

Res Arcana Game Updates

Post by lordalx »

Dear Players,

Res Arcana is available from several months already and far more than 300.000 tables were completed !
Obviously, there are some remarks or suggestions from you, the player's community. It takes time to consider them and some game balance must be considered as part of the 1st extension : Lux & Tenebrae.

To celebrate the physical release of the 2nd extension : Perlae Imperii which should be available at your games retailer in the next weeks (or available already in few countries), we are pleased to communicate the following changes in current Res Arcana adpatation on boardgamearena.
  • Turn Confirmation:
    It's now possible to confirm your full turn before going further, it can be relevant for some tricky moves which are allowed (such as straightening an already straightened component in order to save time and be in a position to grab one of your opponent's magical item). A new option is available through the setting menu on the top right corner. It will be effective only for new tables and not for existing ones.
    - auto timer with confirmation (default option): there will be a short delay for you to cancel your turn before an auto confirmation is send
    - no confirmation : as previous game implementation
    - manual confirmation: you'll have to confirm each of your turn after seeing the result of your actions
  • Check the artifacts in your deck:
    It was longly discussed since it can be considered unfair and is not part of the game rules, but since there are several other ways to record you deck content for turn based game, we decided to provide such informations for turn based table only (not for real time tables). Simply click on your deck to view the remaining artifacts, click again to hide it. Obviously, there are shuffled and not displayed in the current order of you draw pile
  • Scaling Rules:
    From the 1st extension, it is proposed to adjust the amount of places of power or monument according to the number of players. It's definitively some mandatory rule for experienced player and it's now there
... but as you can imagine, as it's part of the Lux & Tenebrae rules, the last but not least item is no more than ...
  • Lux & Tenebrae Extension: YES! it's there too, and what Tom Lehman annonced on the internet few days ago is just there ! Up to 5 players, 2 New double-sided Places of Power, 12 new Artifact introducing Demons, 4 new Mages, 4 new Monuments and the 8 scrolls which are unique power that can be used on a later turn !
Even if we worked hard to bring it, the usual alpha and beta stages were skipped. That's why this first extension is available to everyone but still marked as in beta mode for a few weeks, in order for you to raise any missed issue or relevant suggestion through this page : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs?game=1309. It also means that some translations won't be available from this very first day.

Topmost rated suggestions are now implemented and I'm already pretty confident regarding your next one ^_^

Many thanks again to Tom Lehman and Sand Castle Games for allowing this game adaptation on boardgamearena

Have fun and keep on playing this fantastic game!
--
lordalx & darhf, Res Arcana's players and developers
dexdouglas

Re: Res Arcana Game Updates

Post by dexdouglas »

Excellent! I’ve got about 15 plays of base game under my belt and felt like I was done with it but this is making me want to play some more!
federspiel30

Post by federspiel30 »

Just great! Wonderful job! :D
Sylpholys

Post by Sylpholys »

Wonderful news!

Thanks a lot!
Kolok24

Post by Kolok24 »

A-w-e-s-o-m-e!

And a very big special thanks for implementing the deck view option for async only, a very fine decision IMO.

Thx again to all involved!
Jer3my

Post by Jer3my »

Many thanks for all your hard work in implementing this!! And I'll bite my tongue rather than contribute to what will certainly be a large amount of voices all calling for the obvious next addition ;-)
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

Yes, many thanks for this.

One small thing, I didn't understand how the new scrolls work, and it took a bit of time to locate the expansion rules.
federspiel30

Post by federspiel30 »

RicardoRix wrote: 25 October 2021, 20:57 Yes, many thanks for this.

One small thing, I didn't understand how the new scrolls work, and it took a bit of time to locate the expansion rules.
By spending one mana u get one of the small scrolls and u can keep it beyond rounds until u use it.
federspiel30

Post by federspiel30 »

Hi,

Can you tell us if the 2nd expansion perlae imperii is already under construction?
Would be wonderful!

Best Regards
Paul
Pr-Somni

Post by Pr-Somni »

federspiel30 wrote: 23 December 2021, 14:38 Hi,

Can you tell us if the 2nd expansion perlae imperii is already under construction?
Would be wonderful!

Best Regards
Paul
The first expansion was implemented on bga when the second one has been physically released so I think we will have to wait the third expansion to have the second on bga. It means at least 1 year I guess.

Return to “Res Arcana”