Res Arcana Game Updates

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
federspiel30

Re: Res Arcana Game Updates

Post by federspiel30 »

My be true, but the release of one expansion does not logically mean the advent of the expansion before on BGR. I see no binding connection between both events. 😊
Satcha

Post by Satcha »

Hello! Will the Perla extension be available in France at BGA ?

Sincerely,

Satcha
federspiel30

Post by federspiel30 »

What do you mean with available in France? Are there differences between countries at BGA?
Alexandra Pharmic

Post by Alexandra Pharmic »

The designer answers the question of, "will Perlae Imperii come to BGA?" in this BGG thread. He says it'll happen "eventually", but "likely to be at least a year from [March 30, 2022]" because they're exploring possibilities for a 3rd expansion and want the BGA release of Perlae Imperii to take place shortly before the physical release of the 3rd expansion. No additional expansion has been announced yet, so I don't know if it's going to happen (if not, I guess they'll just add Perlae Imperii some time anyway) - the designer has mentioned that many publishers are hesitant about releasing more than 2 expansions for the same game. Fingers crossed...

As far as I know, BGA offers the same games to everyone regardless of country.
FollowFolklore

Post by FollowFolklore »

Alexandra Pharmic wrote: 05 November 2022, 19:35 The designer answers the question of, "will Perlae Imperii come to BGA?" in this BGG thread. He says it'll happen "eventually", but "likely to be at least a year from [March 30, 2022]" because they're exploring possibilities for a 3rd expansion and want the BGA release of Perlae Imperii to take place shortly before the physical release of the 3rd expansion. No additional expansion has been announced yet, so I don't know if it's going to happen (if not, I guess they'll just add Perlae Imperii some time anyway) - the designer has mentioned that many publishers are hesitant about releasing more than 2 expansions for the same game. Fingers crossed...

Nice. Perlae fixes some of the game problemes, can't wait for it on BGA.
Alexandra Pharmic

FollowFolklore wrote: 03 December 2023, 02:25
Alexandra Pharmic wrote: 05 November 2022, 19:35 The designer answers the question of, "will Perlae Imperii come to BGA?" in this BGG thread. He says it'll happen "eventually", but "likely to be at least a year from [March 30, 2022]" because they're exploring possibilities for a 3rd expansion and want the BGA release of Perlae Imperii to take place shortly before the physical release of the 3rd expansion. No additional expansion has been announced yet, so I don't know if it's going to happen (if not, I guess they'll just add Perlae Imperii some time anyway) - the designer has mentioned that many publishers are hesitant about releasing more than 2 expansions for the same game. Fingers crossed...

Nice. Perlae fixes some of the game problemes, can't wait for it on BGA.
Just curious, what are the flaws you think Perlae Imperii fixes?
I think Perlae Imperii makes the game more interesting, but Lux et Tenebrae is the expansion I associate with fixing the issues of the base game (the setup now depends on player count, it's easier to play against "big gold" strategies, the Beastmaster makes a lot of Creatures feel better to play, the Fire Demon counters those annoying Witch + Catacombs/Lair strategies, and so on).
FollowFolklore

Post by FollowFolklore »

It changes the win condition to at least 13 points, which fixes some of the quick braindead strategies.
Grouikmas

Post by Grouikmas »

Hello,
it's been a long time this was posted so is the 2nd extansion will come soon ?
I hope we can play it on BGA
OwnerOfTheIronThrone

Post by OwnerOfTheIronThrone »

FollowFolklore wrote: 12 March 2024, 23:12 It changes the win condition to at least 13 points, which fixes some of the quick braindead strategies.
I don't think DL or catacombs needed nerf after lux. Witch combo is a little opressive, but having weaker artifacts is worse in 13vp games as well and that feels probably even more unfair. Ganerally impact is mostly positive, but it does come with some new problems.

Edit.
The best change it makes is nerfing PS.
Alexandra Pharmic

There has been an update from the designer.

The game is "aiming for a late October 2024 release in all markets". In mid-April, he will be meeting the publisher and discuss when PI will come to BGA.

Return to “Res Arcana”