Time penalty with no time limit?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
John Steidl

Time penalty with no time limit?

Post by John Steidl »

Not sure whether this is a feature or bug, and whether it's BtS specifically or BGA generally. Hoping more experienced BGA users can advise.

Have played two BtS training games with friends that started in real time and were converted to turn based. Also played two that started as turn based.

In the real-time starts, converting to turn based created 3-turns-per-day timing with tracking of time, late penalties, ability to kick "late" player, etc. I think this is not supposed to happen in a training game.

In the turn-based starts, there was never any visible time tracking, and they functioned as I expected from a training game.

Is this a known bug or perhaps a misunderstanding on our part? In the end I suppose it doesn't matter since there's no down-side to starting a training game as turn based, even when playing live, and that seems to work fine. But I'm also curious if a non-training game in real time, when converted to turn based, will similarly auto-generate a turn-based time limit without any input from the players on what that limit should be. Or maybe there is some hidden logic on how those conversions are done.

Thanks!

Return to “Beyond the Sun”