1st player advantge stats

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
esswhy

1st player advantge stats

Post by esswhy »

I know 1st player advantage for this game has been talked about it.

Seems like there would be good data here with 1000s of games played. Is the data available somewhere?
Jest Phulin

Re: 1st player advantge stats

Post by Jest Phulin »

The data exists, but it is not available.

What I mean by that is that it would be a fairly simple database query to see who was the starting player and if they were the winner, and then see if this is significantly larger than expected. However, the only data available to the users is to check replays. BGA has limited replay accessibility (and data mining is forbidden in their terms of service) to focus server resources on playing games.
Ranior

Post by Ranior »

Yeah, sadly BGA doesn't make their data easily accessible which is a real shame.

1st player advantage is pretty obvious and significant though, absolutely. I once recorded around 100 or so of my games back when I was a bit worse and I was winning roughly 60% of my games when going 1st and roughly %50 from 2nd seat in 2p games. I suspect that is roughly the scope of the advantage across the board, would guess the average in arena is roughly 55% wins for 1st seat vs 45% for 2nd seat.
esswhy

Post by esswhy »

Too bad. Seems like a lost opportunity. Come to think of it, one could look at player turn order advantage for every game on BGA

Return to “Can't Stop”