Bastion Card movement

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Ghostdog22

Bastion Card movement

Post by Ghostdog22 »

I don't understand how the bastion card's position changes when damage is dealt and cards get played or returned to my hand.
It does not always move to the right when dealing damage, and sometimes the bastion card jumps to the left after playing a card.

Does the Bastion get stronger when I get cards back into my hand, and does it get weaker when I play cards?

I had a situation where my Bastion was in the penultimate position, I played a card and the bastion moved all the way to the left and turned to the fort side.
Does this mean I could get in a situation where I kill myself by playing a card with my fort in the penultimate position?

A counter that shows me a numeric value for the "health" of my fort would be a lot clearer, in my opinion.
The way it is now, does not feel intuitive to me.

I own the card game and I know the BGA implementation aims to stay as close to the original as possible, but it didn't make sense to me in the original card game either, so I ended up playing with an HP counter from another game.

Am I the only one who has trouble understanding this?
I'm surprised that after this game has been played 1800+ times as of now, nobody has brought this up.
max827w

Re: Bastion Card movement

Post by max827w »

as i undestood the rules , when for any reasion the bastion is in the right side f the hand, it returns on the right side as a fort. If you have just one card to the left before the bastion and you play it, now your bastion is in the left
Timmaddams

Re: Bastion Card movement

Post by Timmaddams »

One of the main "new" mechanics of this game is that the health of you fort/bastion is in flux.

It doesn't have a health total the incremental goes up or down, this health is determined by where it is in your hand.

It starts on the left, as it takes damage it moves right. But you can "heal" it by playing the cards to left of it (forcing it back to the left of your hand). The reverse this is also true.

Return to “Clash of Decks”