Idea to clear up the waiting area

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
AdamComic

Idea to clear up the waiting area

Post by AdamComic »

Often when looking for a game, I'll see tables that were created 20 or more minutes earlier. Someone will create a table, then go to the bathroom, or go to make a sandwich, or fall asleep in their chair, or any of a dozen things that take them away from the computer.
I think any table that's over 10 minutes old, without an active game, should be automatically abandoned. If the player that created it still wants to play, they can create another table.
Yorgad

Re: Idea to clear up the waiting area

Post by Yorgad »

You may want to post that in the Suggestion forum. It has nothing to do with Hearts game in particular.

Cheers,
Y.
Last edited by Yorgad on 07 November 2021, 09:36, edited 1 time in total.
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

Real-time tables are deleted after 1 hour (turn-based tables after 1 or 2 days, I believe).

10 minutes is too short a timeout for many less popular games.

If the table administrator is truly offline, when you join the table you will be able to expel them. At least I believe that's the reason why sometimes you can expel the administrator, which usually you can't.
Romain672

Post by Romain672 »

Yeah 1 hour look perfect to me.

So many time I'm waiting 2/3/4 hours on a no popular game or with restrictive settings, but I'm present.

Return to “Hearts”