Any Hope For Expansions?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
BoardNoremac

Any Hope For Expansions?

Post by BoardNoremac »

Hello all,

As someone who plays mostly online I admit I am quite disappointed how so many games don't get their expansions. I know that there are a lot of reasons games that don't get their expansions. I know it is quite complicated and sometimes companies don't even want their expansion online...

I bought this game and quite a few others after playing them. Roll for the Galaxy is one of my favorite games and I feel the expansions just make it so much better. Of course this can be said about a lot of games. Just the tiles + extra dice add so much to the game too me. I still haven't played with the extra modes since Roll is already quite complicated.

Res Arcana is another game I love and am happy that it already received it first expansion. Is there any hope in expansions for Roll for the Galaxy? I wouldn't even think the extra modes would be necessary just the tiles and dice would add so much.
obsidian_octagon

Re: Any Hope For Expansions?

Post by obsidian_octagon »

As far as I'm aware, there is no current BGA developer for Roll for the Galaxy and there hasn't been for many years. There are still many bugs for Roll that should be fixed before adding any expansions. The bugs are more annoyances than anything, but they really should be fixed. Some of these bugs completely break games, but it's usually a rare occurrence.

I have no concept as to if and when these bugs will get fixed and whether there will ever be any expansions. I hope for both, but we'll see what happens in the future. If a keen developer steps up to the plate at some point, or there is a push from the publisher, maybe we could get one or both of these things.
BoardNoremac

Post by BoardNoremac »

I probably haven't played enough of it on BGA to notice bugs. Thanks for the information though. At least there is some hope even if it sounds like it is kind of small.
tufftaeh

Post by tufftaeh »

BoardNoremac wrote: 16 November 2021, 18:57 Roll for the Galaxy is one of my favorite games and I feel the expansions just make it so much better. Of course this can be said about a lot of games. Just the tiles + extra dice add so much to the game too me. I still haven't played with the extra modes since Roll is already quite complicated.
I would also love to have the expansions for Roll on BGA. The second one is nice to have (I've played it, and it adds to the game but makes it slower IRL) but the first one is a must have in order to prevent repetitiveness (is that a word in English?).

Return to “Roll for the Galaxy”