About the new tutorial

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
VKV FR

About the new tutorial

Post by VKV FR »

Hi,

This tutorial is a good idea and already quite good. Here are some suggestions. Please note that I'm native English speaker, so double check my suggestion with a native one :)
  • Second slide: "Hi ! Let's discover what we can find in the nature with codex Naturalis". First, that could be replaced by a quick presentation of the game objectives, like "In Codex Naturalis, two to four players compete to score points by arranging cards together and meeting objectives." If you keep the current sentence, then you need to correct the extra space before "!", add a capital C to Codex and a final dot.
  • "You will try to make what the objective card demand and at the end of the game, you will score as many points as it said." Add a S to demand, and verify the final "said" (says?).
  • "Look here! Some objectives cards." => "Look here! Some objectives cards. Some are only for you (on the left), and some are shared between all the players (on the right).".
  • "How? By using cards you have in hand" => it's missing a final dot.
  • "We will put it one by one on the board to reach the objective." Why use "we" instead of "you"? Also, cards are played to reach 20 points, and not to reach "objectives" from the objective cards. So I suggest: "You will play those cards on your personal board to reach 20 points and trigger the end of the game, while at the same time trying to meet the objectives cards."
  • "You have 3 types of objective game" => "There are 3 types of objective cards"
  • "The placement card. In game, we will try to put on the board one green with two orange as shown on the picture." => "The placement objective card. In game, you will need to put on the board exactly the same placement as shown on the card. Here, two orange cards and one green card below, on the right."
  • "In the right, you can see how much you have of each element." => "On the right panels, you can see how many symbols of each type are visible on the board of each player."
  • "As the common objective demand orange cards, it's a good idea to take this one." => This choice can be discussed. For instance, I always choose 3-points objectives over 2-points ones...
  • "Look, there are four types:" => "Look, there are four types of elements."
I'll continue this review later. Let me know if this useful.

VKV

Return to “CODEX Naturalis”