Pillage and plunder during income phase

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Jellby

Pillage and plunder during income phase

Post by Jellby »

If I have the "Pillage and plunder" tapestry card active at the beginning of the income phase (at this era, toppling and enemy outpost grants you the two benefit dice and no traps can be played against you), and I manage to conquer before playing the new tapestry card (e.g. by advancing a tech card with the Inventors' ability), should the Pillage and plunder bonus still apply?

I just played a game where it didn't, and figured I'd ask before reporting a bug.
max827w

Re: Pillage and plunder during income phase

Post by max827w »

in a track, i don't remebrer the one , there is a section where you play a tapestry card over the one of the turn, but in that case the section says that the old tapestry card is no longer effective.
so i think that also the inventory card works in the same way
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

With "inventory" do you mean the Inventors' ability? It has nothing to do with tapestry cards, it just gives you the chance to upgrade a tech card at the beginning of the income (before playing the new tapestry card and before the regular tech upgrade).

OK, it's actually explained here: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/227579 ... es-era-end
The "this era" effects stop working at the beginning of the income turn, so indeed civilization abilities cannot be affected by your own tapestry cards. The confusion came because I think I saw somewhere that the "current" era is the rightmost one with a card/picture on top of it, so I assumed "this era" meant "as long as this is the current era", but apparently it doesn't.
JakeDionisio

Post by JakeDionisio »

"This Era" cards only apply to your current era, that is to say before taking your next income phase. Civilization abilities like Leaders, for example, advancing on Military to conquer, or Inventors placing a cube on a tech like Dynamite or Warships will not benefit from the past era's tapestry card even though they happen before the new (current era's) tapestry card is played.

Return to “Tapestry”