choosing tiles

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
SquiffyMarlin

choosing tiles

Post by SquiffyMarlin »

Is there a way that you can switch between your choice of tiles or do you have to use the tile that the game selects for you?
Meeplelowda

Re: choosing tiles

Post by Meeplelowda »

kd4bears wrote: 21 November 2021, 19:46 Is there a way that you can switch between your choice of tiles or do you have to use the tile that the game selects for you?
The tiles have to be used in order from to bottom. Part of the game design is that you sometimes have to choose between going early in a turn vs. which tile you want to play. If playing one tile first would prevent you from playing your other tile, that is something you need to account for when you choose your first tile.
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

The 4 tiles you see are for ALL players, not just you. And in turn order, only 1 player can pick 1 tile. If you go last in a 4 player game then you have to take the last tile that no one else chose.
SquiffyMarlin

Post by SquiffyMarlin »

i realize all that you are saying. My question is more when you have your two tiles already selected and when BGA tells you to play the tile. Can you switch to play the other tile first? I notice that the tile selected for me is not necessarily in the order that I picked them. Sometimes it is in reverse order.

I believe in the board game itself you have a choice of which tile you play out of the two that you have before you.
CB Droege

Post by CB Droege »

No, even in two-player games, where you pick two tiles, you always play lower value tiles first, even if you picked them in the other order.

Return to “Kingdomino”