Arena seasons switching between Basic and Advanced?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
donkeykong66

Arena seasons switching between Basic and Advanced?

Post by donkeykong66 »

A couple seasons back a change was proposed to switch arena from basic to advanced, and I think that was very reasonable to give people more exposure to the variant. However, this change has stuck for a while now, and while I do like both versions, I think it would be good to have some variety. Multiple other games have rotating schedules for arena seasons (Stone Age alternates 2p and 4p, Terra Mystica rotates through maps and various settings on a set schedule, and probably others I don't know about).

I am suggesting to alternate the WT arena settings between basic and advanced from season to season. The game is definitely interesting with both settings, and most importantly strategy also varies between the two variants.

Please let me know how any of you feel about this!
Vandaley

Re: Arena seasons switching between Basic and Advanced?

Post by Vandaley »

I much prefer the advanced variant to basic as I like the bonus card variety, but like basic enough to also play it in arena. I would be disappointed if it ever went to expert, which I am not a fan of.

Return to “Welcome To”