'aggressive behaviour'

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Angie__Panda

'aggressive behaviour'

Post by Angie__Panda »

:roll: since when is asking someone if they know how to play aggressive behaviour? I get moderated because a newbee joins highest level and they aren't doing any basic hanabi rules. Is there a list of questions I can read not to ask because it may be offensive
GeraldineMerida

Re: 'aggressive behaviour'

Post by GeraldineMerida »

I have played with you, and your idea of Hanabi 'rules' did not tally with mine and the others I regularly play with (and we are far from newbies).

'Do you know how to play?' after someone makes an error can sound very offensive. 'Is everyone familiar with [finesse]?' is less aggressive.

Or 'I was expecting you to do X after I clued Y. Do you mind telling me why you played ___?'

Assuming you actually want to come across as nicer and not just moan about people moderating you, of course...
Angie__Panda

Post by Angie__Panda »

GeraldineMerida wrote: 15 December 2021, 22:13 I have played with you, and your idea of Hanabi 'rules' did not tally with mine and the others I regularly play with (and we are far from newbies).

'Do you know how to play?' after someone makes an error can sound very offensive. 'Is everyone familiar with [finesse]?' is less aggressive.

Or 'I was expecting you to do X after I clued Y. Do you mind telling me why you played ___?'

Assuming you actually want to come across as nicer and not just moan about people moderating you, of course...
Telling someone you would rather something else done is pretty rude. It's a 2 player game not a game that should be just how you would play.
GeraldineMerida

'I was expecting...' is not the same as 'You should have done...'

I don't generally get red thumbs after Hanabi games, and you apparently do, but if you prefer your way of communicating, carry on.
Angie__Panda

Post by Angie__Panda »

GeraldineMerida wrote: 16 December 2021, 07:41 'I was expecting...' is not the same as 'You should have done...'

I don't generally get red thumbs after Hanabi games, and you apparently do, but if you prefer your way of communicating, carry on.
I haven't even played a game with you lol
Unless you have lots of different names. Sorry
knkn

Post by knkn »

sorry for my broken english,
* who cant handle criticism, and your only way is to do your best and grow to level without them, slowly but surely, they would not pass broken {-10 -7 +0 +2 } barrier, and you can try to write short messages with rules to them "number on chop - save|save unique cards|it couldnt be X because you got Xclue before", dont start dialoges, dont ask, most of them will stop playing anyway, block and forget them.

you have no rights, there are no moderators who knows rules and understand what is to lose in coop game, it is automatic 500 clicks per day, nobody read your messages, nobody care

*Moderation edit: insults are not permitted anywhere on BGA.
master of bluff

Post by master of bluff »

GeraldineMerida wrote: 15 December 2021, 22:13 I have played with you, and your idea of Hanabi 'rules' did not tally with mine and the others I regularly play with (and we are far from newbies).
hi i cant read this and pass on it , is this a new account graldine ?
if its not i checked youre account you have 331 games of hanabi as i am writing now , " we are far from newbies" yes you are , 331 games in hanabi is totally the definition of a newbie or a rookie . less than a 1000 games atleast ; is considered a newbie . in hanabi learning and mastering the basics so you dont make mistakes on them takes around 1000 games like it or not thats how hanabi is . after you passed around a 1000 game you will underestand how many rookie mistakes you were making before
GeraldineMerida

master of bluff wrote: 21 March 2022, 08:29
hi i cant read this and pass on it , is this a new account graldine ?
if its not i checked youre account you have 331 games of hanabi as i am writing now , " we are far from newbies" yes you are , 331 games in hanabi is totally the definition of a newbie or a rookie . less than a 1000 games atleast ; is considered a newbie . in hanabi learning and mastering the basics so you dont make mistakes on them takes around 1000 games like it or not thats how hanabi is . after you passed around a 1000 game you will underestand how many rookie mistakes you were making before
I've been playing Hanabi pretty regularly offline since soon after it came out, and think I gave up making rookie mistakes a long time ago. But thank you for checking on me.
kapkekop

Post by kapkekop »

Ok, so I am very interested in creating a nicer way of communicating in hanabi chats in general. I find that almost everybody gets annoyed after you make one "mistake" which might not even be a mistake from your own perspective. As I have been playing a lot lately, I have caught myself doing the same thing because it has happened to me and you start adapting to the way everybody seems to communicate.

Like for example, in a 2 player game people just react with ? or ........... which is very disrespectful, I think. Or even worse, they say: wtf are you doing? Is there any way of just making a rule in hanabi that we are nice to each other? I usually say: dont panic. That makes people even more angry... so that doesnt help.
Any suggestions?

Return to “Hanabi”