Top right zone update

What's new on BGA ?
RicardoRix

Re: Top right zone update

Post by RicardoRix »

The progression % displayed of games is not always correct.
Patrick of the Isles

Post by Patrick of the Isles »

Hi Souris!

I like some of the new format. I agree with what you already said you are working on - something that better includes the functionality of the old turn-based banner. I also think making the table button at the top of the screen a link directly to /gamesinprogress would be better than having it pop open the sidebar, so we can see all of our games in progress quickly. The sidebar already opens from the profile icon anyway.
Last edited by Patrick of the Isles on 21 February 2022, 07:05, edited 1 time in total.
Sevely

Post by Sevely »

Bonjour,

Il faut obligatoirement que je rafraichisse la page en permanence pour voir mes amis en ligne ou qui jouent ou qui se sont déconnectés, c'est pas pratique du tout, comment faire pour que ce soit comme avant ?

Merci
RuneSilver

Post by RuneSilver »

Since the update, my screen doesn't show everything at once. I need to scroll sideways to see everything.
Previously, no matter how small or big I made the page, everything would be visible (only smaller or bigger). But now, I never see all the things on the page... It doesn't adjust anymore. It's quite frustrating.
I also can't scroll through the pop-up menu when clicking on my avatar. It just doesn't do anything...
pjt33

Post by pjt33 »

I disagree that the new friends list is an improvement. I find it requires more clicks than before for the primary use case, which is joining a table which a friend has set up. Previously the friends list showed the table: now I have to click through into their profile to find a link to it.
Silene

Post by Silene »

The avatar-icon is pulsating in red, when there are notifications for me. But the problem is: there's often absolutely nothing new for me in the notifications. So I have to click the icon + click on notifications, just to make the red pulsating go away. That is a bit of a burden.

An example: I just checked a group and have read all the comments there. Even if I refresh afterwards, the icon is still pulsating. When I go to check, I find there the notifications about comments in said group, all of which I have already read.

It was the same in the old interface, but the red icon was easier to ignore than the pulsating, so it became kind of an issue now.

Also there are way too many notifications in general. It was already a bit inconvenient before (see also here: https://boardgamearena.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=22254), but with the pulsating it's bugging me a lot because it's 95% clicking to make it go away for 5% something in there might be interesting.
In my example, I have made a group-post which got 25 responses in very short time. I really don't need 25 notifications for that ;)

And also many other things that show up there are really not relevant enough, to send me a pulsating alarm-signal to make me check that my turn-based-table has ended (I was just there on that table and played the last move, so I already know it has ended).
Last edited by Silene on 20 December 2021, 15:32, edited 1 time in total.
Hosting Allround-League: https://boardgamearena.com/group?id=7870115 --> a league where you have matches of random games vs. other players in your group - season 6 started in Nov. '23 with 128 participants.
Silene

Post by Silene »

I really love the new orange icon for the TB-tables (in contrast to many others here I even prefer it over the old banner).

However I back the request to
a) make it link directly to https://boardgamearena.com/gameinprogress when I don't have to make a move right now and
b) make a stronger optic distinction between whether it's my turn on a table or not. (maybe bigger difference in the color of the icon or font-color of the number of games where it is my turn. But please do not make it pulsating :D

And what would be VERY helpful is an additional button for all finished tables somewhere (without the "first win" etc. achievements, just the link to the finished game). Mainly to have a way to check for finished games but NOT have it within the notifications.
Hosting Allround-League: https://boardgamearena.com/group?id=7870115 --> a league where you have matches of random games vs. other players in your group - season 6 started in Nov. '23 with 128 participants.
donjondo

Post by donjondo »

The red (rather than orange) notification for "number of games in which it is your turn", is a big improvement.

It is much more noticeable. Thank you.
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

As announced and following your feedback, we did an update today with some fixes, including making way more visible the number of tables when it is your turn to play in turn-based more (and your realtime game in progress as well).

Like I said on my original post, we appreciate a lot your feedback to help to make our updates better, so I would like to thank all of you for the constructive proposition.

We have still updates planned to address some of the issues that have been mentioned in this thread. We tried to do things carefully, to analyse each issue in order to do fixes because they are needed and not be someone loudly asked for it, and unfortunately this is taking time, but as you can see we are moving in the good direction :)
Silene

Post by Silene »

Great, that red number is SO MUCH better! Thanks a lot!

Return to “BGA release notes”