New UX: Any way to turn the "It's your turn in "x" tables!" notification bar back on?

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
McKrakalaka

New UX: Any way to turn the "It's your turn in "x" tables!" notification bar back on?

Post by McKrakalaka »

I appear to have lost that option with some odd new chunky design work to the upper right corner of BGA.

I love the reminder bar! Help! Thanks!
LegionPL

Re: New UX: Any way to turn the "It's your turn in "x" tables!" notification bar back on?

Post by LegionPL »

That, or "it's your turn now" should be indicated better either by replacing / animating the green dot or changing the new "tables" icon. Right now it's much less apparent that you can move.
gordoz

Re: New UX: Any way to turn the "It's your turn in "x" tables!" notification bar back on?

Post by gordoz »

Yeah turn this back on!!!

Otherwise it takes an extra click to check your sidebar if your turn in any games.

Doesn't make sense for a new update to the system to make things less efficient...
blockmonoid

Post by blockmonoid »

Agreed! I can't tell it's my turn on turn-based games easily. Even when my tab has the rotating triangle, it's not clear what match is triggering it. Instead I have to refresh the page, click on the yellow icon on the top right (if that updates, which it doesn't always) or else click on my avatar, then click again on the game. Either way, you've just added a click for no reason.
z_watcher

Post by z_watcher »

I agree. Very disturbing, inconsistent, ...

* All tables are on the same icon, so while waiting for realtime, you don't have any notification for turn based.
* No quick link to the tale list anymore (need to open avatar first)
* Mute on homescreen is not a quick access anymore either. (harder to check in a glance if you have sound, or muted)
* volume bar is from a light grey (background) to dark grey, making it less easy to know how far from low you are, as that part is hidden (hard to know if you are at 10% or 20%, or 1%... as you don't have the start reference) - at least get a black surounding to see start/end of the bar

Would it be possible to get back to the old style home page?
LegionPL

Post by LegionPL »

Well, in theory there's also this golden circle. However, it lacks the power of a red "achtung".

Perhaps the three element tray should be visually separated from the main menu-bar.
Icons should have a bigger contrast. They should utilise a stronger color palette.
Active tables could jump to the top of the list after opening the menu.

Right now, players portrait is the most attention grabbing element. Perhaps it should have an animated icon or something when it's my turn?

There are many solutions here.
mac4u

Post by mac4u »

I agree, the new system is much worse for me.
For a few days i Did not notice that there where tables wainting for me.
LegionPL

Post by LegionPL »

I think they changed something today. Net to the leftmost icon (table?), the number indicating open tables is in RED. Its visibility is much better.
Beowulf2K3

Post by Beowulf2K3 »

Adding another vote to turn the "it's your turn in 'x' tables" banner back on!
bionic20

Post by bionic20 »

+1 to this request. It was very useful. Im in a couple of tournaments and you cant tell players arent even aware its their turn

Return to “Discussions”