Setup rules

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
GimmeUrCoin

Setup rules

Post by GimmeUrCoin »

I played a 2 player game and the first player started with 3 ore and 1 ship, and the second player started with 1 ore and 2 ships.
I can't find anything about this in the setup rules. Is this specific to the BGA implementation?
effaraitsch

Re: Setup rules

Post by effaraitsch »

Hi, I'm pretty sure it depends on the faction you were given. They all start with different resources/ships. It is hard to find if you do not own the game, but if you look at pictures of the factions online (or in the manual) you will be able to figure it out.
Mogri

Post by Mogri »

Factions have tooltips that indicate their starting bonus. Besides those bonuses, everyone gets some starting resources, with the ore depending on player order.
MoiMagnus

Post by MoiMagnus »

GimmeUrCoin wrote: 18 December 2021, 22:50 I played a 2 player game and the first player started with 3 ore and 1 ship, and the second player started with 1 ore and 2 ships.
I can't find anything about this in the setup rules. Is this specific to the BGA implementation?
The rules are:
  • Everybody start with 1 ore, 2 population and 1 ship on Sol
  • 3rd and 4th player in turn order (if any) get an additional ore.
  • Everybody gets a random bonus determined by the name of the faction you are assigned:
Nishida-Østergaard Corporation => 2 additional ores
United Nations of Sol => 1 additional population, taken from the C column
The Zheng-Yi Brotherhood => 1 additional ship on Sol, taken from the A column
Disciples of the Cosmic Tabernacle => 1 additional ore and the starting ship is in Deep space instead of Sol

Each of those 4 factions also have an expert variants with special powers, but those are not on BGA and exclusive to the physical copy of the game.
GimmeUrCoin

Post by GimmeUrCoin »

That makes sense, thanks!

Return to “Beyond the Sun”