I wan't to start translate a few games I play into Swedish.

Svensk översättning
Pyrjo87

I wan't to start translate a few games I play into Swedish.

Post by Pyrjo87 »

Hi

I am new on the site and it appears that the game King of Tokyo isnt properly translated. I one day wanted to help with that, but when I tried, I was told that I need to be a user of BGA for atleast a month before start translating. I have seen a few really bad translations and ALOT that isnt translated at all. And today I even saw some cards now have been translated using Google Translate. Because the variables was translated aswell...

So please, can I be given some kind of exeption to that rule, so I can start change things for the better.

Thanks in advance

// Pierre
ufm

Re: I wan't to start translate a few games I play into Swedish.

Post by ufm »

FYI, google auto-translate in Swedish was introduced yesterday: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=23566
It might be affecting the game now.
If a user confirms auto-translated texts without proofreading, the user responsible for such an act should be reported.
Pyrjo87

Post by Pyrjo87 »

Yes, I assumed something in the update, but how about let me fix that game to swedish. I can gladly translate those instrunctions manually.

Regards
Een

Post by Een »

In principle, variables should be protected against machine translation (except if the developer has been creative setting up non-standard variables, it happens ;) )

I have updated your account to give you the right to translate, so you should be able to fix issues in Swedish. Thanks for your help!
Pyrjo87

Post by Pyrjo87 »

Okej, thanks!! too bad I didnt watch the forum untill now. But I'll start do some nice translations then =)
Pyrjo87

Post by Pyrjo87 »

Een wrote: 20 December 2021, 14:52 I have updated your account to give you the right to translate, so you should be able to fix issues in Swedish. Thanks for your help!
I still can't translate texts, found a bad translation on the main website but wasn't able to modify it. :roll:
Een

Post by Een »

Pyrjo87 wrote: 25 December 2021, 21:13
Een wrote: 20 December 2021, 14:52 I have updated your account to give you the right to translate, so you should be able to fix issues in Swedish. Thanks for your help!
I still can't translate texts, found a bad translation on the main website but wasn't able to modify it. :roll:
Strange. Which error message did you get?
Pyrjo87

Post by Pyrjo87 »

Een wrote: 27 December 2021, 13:51 Strange. Which error message did you get?
It says:

You can start proposing translations only when one month has elapsed after your account creation.
Een

Post by Een »

Pyrjo87 wrote: 28 December 2021, 00:53
Een wrote: 27 December 2021, 13:51 Strange. Which error message did you get?
It says:

You can start proposing translations only when one month has elapsed after your account creation.
Ok, I made you (virtually) a little older. Hope that's good now!

Return to “Svenska - sv”