Random Map

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
BossPi

Random Map

Post by BossPi »

Me and my friends are playing random map for some times. Often, we find some of the randomly generated map tiles imbalanced. eg. we once had a map tile only contains 4 planets (2 of them are transdim planets).
We expect the "random map" option to giving us more interesting planet arrangements but as balanced as "variable map".

Thank you!
Kayvon

Re: Random Map

Post by Kayvon »

The random map balances the entire map as a whole, but not the individual tiles. It's intended to create new experiences that you can't get from the traditional tiles.

If you're looking to shake things up with new experiences, you'll enjoy it. If you prefer the more rigid balance of the traditional tiles, definitely stick with those. There's a little something for everyone.
Babbuc49

Re: Random Map

Post by Babbuc49 »

I think for this purpose it would be really important to implement the method 3 for tiles layout, having 4 tiles that are always in the same position seriously hinders the variability of the variable map option. I understand it would be a lot of work but I think it's really important especially for competitive arena games but also because it's the standard for every online platform and live play tournament of gaia.

Return to “Gaia Project”