Starting player not random for some people?!

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
euklid314

Re: Starting player not random for some people?!

Post by euklid314 »

Jellby wrote: 26 March 2022, 17:44
euklid314 wrote: 26 March 2022, 15:46If the streak continues for 10 more games than all my doubts will be gone. :-)
Why? The probability of not starting 10 consecutive 3-player games is 1 in 58. Surely, you're not saying that the probability of future event changes depending on what happened in the past... ;)

If there is a bug, I wonder if it may have something to do with the preferred color choice.
You got me. :-) But you probably realize what I wanted to say: If a rare 1 in 58 event happens one just shrugs ones shoulders.

If, however, a 1 in 58 case directly follows a 1 in a million case - on the same random item - the probability of a problem is in fact huge...

But we will see...
JettaC

Post by JettaC »

So what can I do? I am very concerned about this because I would like to enhance this wonderful game experience in BGA and I plan to keep playing this game. It would be very frustrating in this issue to keep the membership indeed...
JettaC

Post by JettaC »

cigma wrote: 26 March 2022, 12:26
JettaC wrote: 26 March 2022, 03:43 I also find that the starting player is not really random. After I join the paid member, I hasn't been starting player for more than 15 games (I always played 3-player game). Is it related to which I was the one who open the game?
Very strange...
I checked the last 40 games of JettaC: 37 were 3-player, 3 were 4-player. JettaC was only twice starting player of the game (on game 36 and 40). Not being starting player in the last 35 games is really rather unusual.

These both games (with JettaC as starting player) have been played on 4th of march.
- Maybe there has been an update around that date affecting starting player choice?
- Does hosting the game or being premium member make any difference?
- Does this happen also on other games?
- Or was it really only bad luck? (JettaC, is this continuing to you or not?)

We will probably need more information. If you are concerned, please share your clues on https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=61746
Thanks for your accurate data, 2 out of 41 is really weird if it's supposed to be random!
euklid314

Post by euklid314 »

JettaC wrote: 28 March 2022, 15:20 So what can I do? I am very concerned about this because I would like to enhance this wonderful game experience in BGA and I plan to keep playing this game. It would be very frustrating in this issue to keep the membership indeed...
Keep playing so the data will show more evidence if it is an unlucky streak or a bug.

Your winning stats show that is well possible to win without being start player.

Being a paying member should make no difference - at least for the majority of players this is not the deciding factor.

Have fun and enjoy your games! Dont worry about this issue too much - it will clarify one way or other with time...
SquashEngineer

Post by SquashEngineer »

Every second bug report on Yahtzee is people questioning about the non-randomness of the dice generator. People get lit when they have bad rolls. :lol:

Return to “Azul”