Burgundy - error reported twice - ignored, not a bug

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
MWald

Burgundy - error reported twice - ignored, not a bug

Post by MWald »

Hello
your tile 26 is tallied incorrectly
Table #227442869
Move #219
Progression 96%

I would be wining this game, therefore - please correct

from BGG: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/144774 ... edge-tiles
Tile number:26
Function: 2 VP per bonus tile, small or large
Value: Max 10 (not possible to fill the whole board for 12 even in 2P), typical 4-6
Comments: This is a pretty low value tile and isn't much better than a watchtower, ... a pretty low scoring tile and I'd say this is only worth picking up if there's nothing better available.

Please fix this tile and not ignore - this was requested to be fixed twice in Bug forum.

THX
robinzig

Re: Burgundy - error reported twice - ignored, not a bug

Post by robinzig »

Not sure what you are asking to be fixed, but I searched the bug reports, and looked at your game, and don't see an issue.

Your game is here and this seems the most relevant bug report.

Your opponent, who had this tile, scored 12 points for it, which is correct for 4 bonus tiles. As the developer explained in the linked bug report, this tile in the 2019 edition scores 3 points per bonus tile. The BGG discussion you linked to is not a source for the new edition as it is from a time when that edition didn't exist, and is clearly therefore discussing the original edition.

(I'm not familiar with the 2019 edition myself as I prefer the original, mostly for graphics - but I agree with the BGG poster saying this tile was originally weak, so it seems fair to have made it better in the new edition. But whether you agree with that or not, the change was clearly made, with plenty of links given to demonstrate this.)
Pistol Star

Re: Burgundy - error reported twice - ignored, not a bug

Post by Pistol Star »

You played the 2019 edition. In the 2019 edition this tile is worth 3 points per finished color. It's a super powerful tile in the 2019 edition.
It is also a strong tile in the original edition. You can get 6-8 Victory points out of it, rarely 10 or 4. I classify it as a 7.1 VP's tile.
Also the Watchtower is much worse than a 4 VP's knowledge tile because with 1 knowledge tile you are only 5 tiles away from finishing the yellow color but with 1 watchtower you are 11 buildings away from finishing buildings. A watchtower is therefore extremely much worse than this tile.

I think this tile is one of the most underestimated tiles in the original edition and didn't need any boost for the 2019 edition.
It's way too powerful in the new edition.

Return to “The Castles of Burgundy”