Automa : sharing the same seed

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Marcus Aurelius

Automa : sharing the same seed

Post by Marcus Aurelius »

Many thanks to the devs for this brilliant integration of one of the best automa ever conceived.

I wonder if it would be possible to implement something that allow us to share the same setup with others players (round and score tiles). With this functionality, the community could envisage something comparable of the Solo Challenges on BGG. A way to play a different kind of competition.

The goal is simple but not easy. With a given player faction, we try to beat the same automa for all participants on the same map (the default one). You report the number of : attempts, victories (if any) and scores.

Without the same starting setup, the scores reported cannot be comparable.
Something possible ? Or not … 😊
Mogri

Re: Automa : sharing the same seed

Post by Mogri »

This is a good idea, and I'd encourage you to submit a suggestion ticket for it.
ilgiuglio

Post by ilgiuglio »

How do I play with automas?
Marcus Aurelius

Mogri wrote: 02 January 2022, 17:59 This is a good idea, and I'd encourage you to submit a suggestion ticket for it.
I missed your answer. Seems to come a reality ! :-)
ilgiuglio wrote: 15 January 2022, 13:41 How do I play with automas?
Training mode and then, you can change the number of players (select 1 and launch the game).
Mogri

Post by Mogri »

Marcus Aurelius wrote: 30 December 2021, 23:06 Many thanks to the devs for this brilliant integration of one of the best automa ever conceived.

I wonder if it would be possible to implement something that allow us to share the same setup with others players (round and score tiles). With this functionality, the community could envisage something comparable of the Solo Challenges on BGG. A way to play a different kind of competition.

The goal is simple but not easy. With a given player faction, we try to beat the same automa for all participants on the same map (the default one). You report the number of : attempts, victories (if any) and scores.

This has been live for a couple weeks now -- we were waiting to see if we got any bug reports before making an announcement.
Marcus Aurelius

Mogri wrote: 11 April 2022, 23:03
Marcus Aurelius wrote: 30 December 2021, 23:06 Many thanks to the devs for this brilliant integration of one of the best automa ever conceived.

This has been live for a couple weeks now -- we were waiting to see if we got any bug reports before making an announcement.
Brillant ! It's absolutely perfect. I'll start the challenge in few days. Thank you !
Mogri

Post by Mogri »

Marcus Aurelius wrote: 03 May 2022, 10:53
Mogri wrote: 11 April 2022, 23:03

Brillant ! It's absolutely perfect. I'll start the challenge in few days. Thank you !
Out of curiosity, did this ever happen?
Marcus Aurelius

I had a busy life recently but I have not forgotten the idea. I will create a dedicated thread here and we will see if people will answer. When the thread will be created, do you think you can promote it through an annoucement ? I have absolutely no idea what a dev can or can't do with the tools provided by BGA.
Mogri

Post by Mogri »

Marcus Aurelius wrote: 28 June 2022, 20:42 I had a busy life recently but I have not forgotten the idea. I will create a dedicated thread here and we will see if people will answer. When the thread will be created, do you think you can promote it through an annoucement ? I have absolutely no idea what a dev can or can't do with the tools provided by BGA.
Not much I can do that you can't in that regard, unfortunately. I'd recommend posting in the Gaia Project Players group and maybe on BGG's Organized Play forum.

Return to “Gaia Project”