USE present and FUTURE

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Lunalol

USE present and FUTURE

Post by Lunalol »

USE on BGA has reached maturity a few months ago.
There are still a few more or less problematic bugs, but the gameplay seems very good to me in view of the feedback.

In order to renew the interest of players for this game, I suggest the following development:
  • Each month (or quarter or bimonthly), it would be interesting for players to come up with a new "what if" scenario.
    This could be done through the official "suggestion" system and you will only have to vote for the most interesting proposition.
  • These "what if" scenarios could:
    • use new setup (easy :geek:) and/or country setup (easy :geek:) (Spain with Allied or Axis, Balkans states with Soviet and so on)
    • use some units of C3i official extension or new ones (harder :?)
    • use some rules of C3i official extension or new ones (hardest :cry:)
    • could be fun only: unlimited nuclear weapons, jets for all, extended range for some units... (harder :ugeek:)
For setup, you can do the work by examining scenario file in the game and proposing a new entry:
USEscenarios php file : https://drive.google.com/file/d/11jl-Gp ... sp=sharing

Please send some feedbacks.
In theory, these "what if" scenarios are not intented to be proposed in Arena mode. But who knows :idea:
MarkDey

Re: USE present and FUTURE

Post by MarkDey »

Looks interesting!
0wn

Post by 0wn »

I think this is a great idea !

I have made my 0wn suggestion here:
https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=57747

I guess this is not a ready-to-play, but surely can be improved.
Lord Vasta

Post by Lord Vasta »

Great idea!
Dren608

Post by Dren608 »

Lunalol wrote: 04 January 2022, 12:46 USE on BGA has reached maturity a few months ago.
There are still a few more or less problematic bugs, but the gameplay seems very good to me in view of the feedback.

In order to renew the interest of players for this game, I suggest the following development:
  • Each month (or quarter or bimonthly), it would be interesting for players to come up with a new "what if" scenario.
    This could be done through the official "suggestion" system and you will only have to vote for the most interesting proposition.
  • These "what if" scenarios could:
    • use new setup (easy :geek:) and/or country setup (easy :geek:) (Spain with Allied or Axis, Balkans states with Soviet and so on)
    • use some units of C3i official extension or new ones (harder :?)
    • use some rules of C3i official extension or new ones (hardest :cry:)
    • could be fun only: unlimited nuclear weapons, jets for all, extended range for some units... (harder :ugeek:)
For setup, you can do the work by examining scenario file in the game and proposing a new entry:
USEscenarios php file : https://drive.google.com/file/d/11jl-Gp ... sp=sharing

Please send some feedbacks.
In theory, these "what if" scenarios are not intented to be proposed in Arena mode. But who knows :idea:
Are the C3i counters represented in the code yet?
Adding them to a set-up would be pointless if they don't exist and effects are not in the code for various combat resolutions, etc.
Lunalol

Post by Lunalol »

C3i counter are presents, but code for them no.
RobertBr

Post by RobertBr »

I used the files to work through a scenario - there are several useful ones that could be added.
I suspect you are knee-deep in work on SE 4X and Talon, and you do not have time for this, but I did have a couple of questions:

* Is it possible to start the scenario other than at the beginning of a turn (for example at the start of a Soviet operational phase)

* I could find nowhere in the scenarios to set the victory conditions.
Lunalol

Post by Lunalol »

RobertBr wrote: 01 July 2022, 10:51 I used the files to work through a scenario - there are several useful ones that could be added.
I suspect you are knee-deep in work on SE 4X and Talon, and you do not have time for this, but I did have a couple of questions:

* Is it possible to start the scenario other than at the beginning of a turn (for example at the start of a Soviet operational phase)

* I could find nowhere in the scenarios to set the victory conditions.
All of that is directly written in the code (victory conditions for each scenario and phase skipped for first turn). It is really a bad choice but it was my first implementation of a game on BGA.

For TALON, all scenarios specific conditions are in a data file, I should have used same choice for USE.
But if custom scenarios are used in USE, I could try to improve scenario description to minimize specific coding.

I have not plenty of time but I'm not closed to that suggestion.
RobertBr

Post by RobertBr »

Lunalol wrote: 01 July 2022, 13:05 I have not plenty of time but I'm not closed to that suggestion.
I would not expect you to look at any of this anytime soon - obviously you are very busy with 4X and Talon.

Return to “Unconditional Surrender! World War 2 in Europe”