Please review my tutorial for Seasons

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
villager

Please review my tutorial for Seasons

Post by villager »

vichy

Re: Please review my tutorial for Seasons

Post by vichy »

villager wrote: 04 January 2022, 19:38 https://boardgamearena.com/tutorial?gam ... torial=633

feedback appreciated!
Seen :) The tutorial is fine. The only thing I think is that you have added some image with text. Keep in mind that when your tutorial is translated into other languages, the images will not be able to be translated. Maybe it would be better to include that text in another pop up instead of as an image...
JeroenDemeyer

Post by JeroenDemeyer »

Nicely done!

Two minor comments:
* "you get first dibs": I never heard this expression before (non-native English speaker), maybe "you get first choice" would be better
* I feel like there is some explanation missing that crystals are basically your score and that crystals are called "prestige points" at the end of the game (I never understood why there there are 2 names to mean essentially the same thing)
villager

Post by villager »

JeroenDemeyer wrote: 06 January 2022, 21:25 Nicely done!

Two minor comments:
* "you get first dibs": I never heard this expression before (non-native English speaker), maybe "you get first choice" would be better
* I feel like there is some explanation missing that crystals are basically your score and that crystals are called "prestige points" at the end of the game (I never understood why there there are 2 names to mean essentially the same thing)
thx for the review. Let me look at those changes!
diamant

Post by diamant »

villager wrote: 04 January 2022, 19:38feedback appreciated!
At the beginning of your tutorial, you announce that the base game is played with 50 cards, which is false, since the proposed starting hand has a card that has the number 30.

Your 50 cards correspond to the number of different cards in the base box, all in 2 copies, for a total of 100 cards.

For initiation games, the Apprentice Magician variant proposed by the rule only includes cards numbered from 1 to 30, and players therefore use 60 cards.

Return to “Seasons”