[OFFICIAL] Solo mode

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
thoun

[OFFICIAL] Solo mode

Post by thoun »

Solo mode has been added to Conspiracy !

You can find the rules in the game page, and here is a reminder on how to start a game on solo mode :
- Go to the Play Now link at the top of the screen set the three options at the top to Simple Game, Real-Time or Turn-based, and Manual
- Find the game you wish to play and create a new table
- Change the Game mode in the left side to "Training Mode"
- Change "Number of players" to 1
- Click "Open table to other players", then click "Start Game".

Before starting the game, you can choose your opponent, or let the game choose randomly one !
Ez0ah

Re: [OFFICIAL] Solo mode

Post by Ez0ah »

Wow, it’s a really great implementation. Can’t wait to test the rest of the opponents. Thx for the work.

The speed of the animations really threw me off though. I guess it’s normal a bit would play instantaneously, but I think it felt to quick at times. I would have love to have a little bit of latency before the opponent plays.
thoun

Post by thoun »

I totally agree with you.

Now there is a 1.5s delay for each condition checked, and thereis a little animation to show condition tested and its result (green/red). Far more better in my opinion :D
Le007n

Post by Le007n »

Great work as always @thoun, nice for a little side game :)

May I suggest the a few changes for consideration?

The 1.5s delay feels like it should be sped up a little as it can be a bit slow when cycling through a lot of cards.
I understand no animation may be a bit rapid but it seems like this could be half a second (or configurable if you think 1.5 is ok?)

Also, what is the reason for making the player pick the card order for the ai? Is this just a legacy based on adapting the current implementation or a conscious choice?

After a few plays it feels like this could only be relevant if the ai couldn't place all selected cards. They don't use actual locations and can't rearrange cards so order is only relevant for three colours and not the card types

When they can't place all selected cards, the top cards are also more likely to meet their selection condition since they've stopped drawing

Could the ai cards just be automatically added to the grid in pile order, taking the top card from the selected pile until the grid is full?

I couldn't see anything clear in the rules to cover this, but this could make the end more challenging by preventing the player just throwing away the best card ie. a key to make a set
thoun

Post by thoun »

I just implemented the rules from Bombyx, saying you choose cards order for opponents. I only see two cases where it is useful : at the end, like you said, and when the is two different keys : you can force opponent to set silver gold silver, to waste a key, instead of silver silver gold.
thoun

Post by thoun »

I changed from 1.5s to 1s. It can still be a little long when playing Military, but for others opponents I think it's OK.
Le007n

Post by Le007n »

Good point with the keys, I didn't think of that one

I still like the idea they just play out in order. Sometimes you get the advantage of silver gold silver and sometimes the ai gets the advantage of silver silver gold depend how they are ordered. I like a challenge!

If player choice is the Bombyx ruling then that's the way it should be! I can always pick based on my own order :)

Thanks for the speed change.
It feel more responsive now with just that 0.5 s off
OctaTracker

Post by OctaTracker »

Hi. Is therre a difficulty level for the different Legendary opponents in solo mode?
Le007n

Post by Le007n »

In my experience, the red one is the hardest!

The yellow I find easier and the others and somewhere in the middle

Return to “Conspiracy”