"responsibility"

Discussions about the original English text
User Already Exists

"responsibility"

Post by User Already Exists »

There is a typo in the "Are you sure?" message for Premium audio chat. Since this is a very infrequent message, I took a screen shot, see below. "responsability" should be "responsibility".
bga-typo1.png
bga-typo1.png (190.69 KiB) Viewed 2218 times
Een

Re: "responsibility"

Post by Een »

Thanks for providing a screenshot for this. The typo has already been corrected in the translation system years ago, so this should not happen. I'll look into it.

Edit: translation was not applied for this message (and some others) when triggered in a game. This will be fixed for next release.
User Already Exists

Here's another one: "table is not open for join". Both the grammar and the capitalization are wrong.

Correct would be "Table is not open for joining".

Even better: "This table is not open for joining" (by analogy with the similar message: "This table is already full").
bga-typo2.png
bga-typo2.png (98.92 KiB) Viewed 2145 times
User Already Exists

Here's another typo. "Unsollicited" should be "Unsolicited", and "may lead to be blocked" sounds ungrammatical too.

Correct: "Unsolicited messages may lead to being blocked and affect your reputation."

Perhaps better: "Unsolicited messages may get you blocked and affect your reputation."
bga-typo3.png
bga-typo3.png (41.19 KiB) Viewed 2118 times
Een

Post by Een »

User Already Exists wrote: 20 January 2022, 15:46 Here's another one: "table is not open for join". Both the grammar and the capitalization are wrong.

Correct would be "Table is not open for joining".

Even better: "This table is not open for joining" (by analogy with the similar message: "This table is already full").

bga-typo2.png
This label is indeed incorrect and untranslated. Noted for a future fix.
Een

Post by Een »

User Already Exists wrote: 25 January 2022, 01:40 Here's another typo. "Unsollicited" should be "Unsolicited", and "may lead to be blocked" sounds ungrammatical too.

Correct: "Unsolicited messages may lead to being blocked and affect your reputation."

Perhaps better: "Unsolicited messages may get you blocked and affect your reputation."

bga-typo3.png
This string is in the translation system, you can request a change from there with English as source and destination language. Change requests submitted this way are validated by an English native speaker admin.
User Already Exists

Here's another one. "Game has started from" is not a grammatical way to say how long the game has been running. Should be: "Game has started 65 mn ago", or better, "The game started 65 minutes ago".
bga-typo4.png
bga-typo4.png (75.07 KiB) Viewed 2085 times
User Already Exists

Thanks, I made the translation request for the string that was in the translation system ("Unsollicited").

I see that my last string, "Game has started from", is also in the translation system, but there is no good way to fix it there, because in English, "ago" should come after the minutes. I.e., "Game has started 65 minutes ago". So the translation string should be something like "Game has started %s ago". I would suggest a translation such as "Game has been running for", but that would not work if the string is used in other contexts. For example, "Game has started from: January 1" would still be incorrect, but needs a different fix (e.g., "The game started on: January 1").
skoki

Post by skoki »

User Already Exists wrote: 25 January 2022, 20:27 Here's another one. "Game has started from" is not a grammatical way to say how long the game has been running. Should be: "Game has started 65 mn ago", or better, "The game started 65 minutes ago".

bga-typo4.png
I agree with that. Why it's not fixed? Will ticket for English language help here, as the change need really to be made in the structure. In translation system, the number and the ending are different phrases, and probably using universal strings. So there is a need to add the "ago" at the end. Best would be to make that whole phrase together, with just number of days variable. Cause I can imagine in some languages the word "ago" would better fit before the number, or so
User Already Exists

Here is another string:
"Has not reach" is not grammatical; it should be "has not reached".
screenshot-20220814-141127.png
screenshot-20220814-141127.png (59.81 KiB) Viewed 1628 times
This string has been correctly translated in the translation system years ago, but it seems that the translation is not applied.
screenshot-20220814-141210.png
screenshot-20220814-141210.png (45.52 KiB) Viewed 1628 times

Return to “English - en”