Design change

What's new on BGA ?
Marif1607

Re: Design change

Post by Marif1607 »

Een wrote: 25 January 2022, 16:12
Mimi1607 wrote: 25 January 2022, 15:29 Bonjour,

Est-il normal que tous mes jeux favoris aient disparus de mon menu de jeux favoris? Il n'y a que trois jeux que j'avais mis en haut pour voir les tables ouvertes qui sont restés, tous les nombreux autres ne sont plus dans mes jeux favoris! Donc, il va falloir aller revoir toute la liste des jeux pour chaque fois recliquer sur le coeur??

J'espère que non et que ce désagrément peut être réglé par vous car je plains ceux qui ont encore bien plus de jeux favoris que moi :o
Bonjour Mimi1607,
Nous sommes désolé pour ce désagrément. Merci d'avoir signalé le problème, celui ci semble lié à l'option d'affichage "Trier par nom" des favoris. Si vous cliquez sur "Options d'affichage" puis "Tri par popularité", et que vous raffraichissez la page, vos favoris seront de nouveau affichés. Rassurez-vous, ils n'ont pas été perdus.
Nous investiguons par ailleurs pour corriger ce problème d'affichage.

[For English language speakers]
You may encounter an issue with your favourites not being displayed if you are using the display option "Sort by name". You can workaround this by clicking "Display options" then "Sort by popularity", and after refreshing the page your favourites will be back: they have not been lost.
We are investigating to fix this display issue.
Ah ok, je ne sais pas si ça aurait changé quelque chose ce que vous proposiez de faire car heureusement, tout est redevenu normal sans que je ne fasse rien. Toutes mes icônes de jeux préférés sont de nouveau à leur place... Ouf! :D Merci pour la rapidité pour régler le problème ;)
Romain672

Post by Romain672 »

Hi, nices changes, ty for it.
Two optionnal remarks:
- Small and Tiny are similar in size. I'm unsure there will be much people which will like one over the others outside of guts.
- In Small and Tiny, what take the most place is the transition between two differents games, and the games where nobody is waiting for a table. Reducing it to... Nearly nothing, or grouping the games where nobody is waiting would be nice improvements for me. Potentially only for one of those.

edit: uh I guess the size choice only change the size of the icons, nothing more. Okay then.
edit²: i guess one of those suggestions could make a game where nobody is waiting in the outside, then make it back to the main part if someone create a table which is suggest to missclicks, annoying :(
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

The most outdated part, in my opinion, is the wooden background.
OutOfHabit

Post by OutOfHabit »

Please add a way to stop the animation in the header when waiting for a table.
It is distracting (and an accessibility issue, but the site isn’t great on handling accessibility to start with…)
OutOfHabit

Post by OutOfHabit »

Romain672 wrote: 25 January 2022, 16:40 Hi, nices changes, ty for it.
Two optionnal remarks:
- Small and Tiny are similar in size. I'm unsure there will be much people which will like one over the others outside of guts.
- In Small and Tiny, what take the most place is the transition between two differents games, and the games where nobody is waiting for a table. Reducing it to... Nearly nothing, or grouping the games where nobody is waiting would be nice improvements for me. Potentially only for one of those.
Yes!! I would love a revamp of this!!
SandraLoutre

Post by SandraLoutre »

Merci pour ces changements :)
En effet le look général est un peu vieillot, cela ne gênait pas pour jouer, mais ça fera du bien d'avoir des mises à jour progressives pour rafraîchir les éléments de l'UI !
Je suis designer UX/UI, n'hésitez pas si vous avez besoin d'un coup de main sur quoi que ce soit !
Bonne soirée,
Sandra
EllieK

Post by EllieK »

My Play Now buttons have changed. They seem to be larger and shinier. I like it. 'Join' and 'View' look great but my 'Create' button is cramped and crowded, maybe even a bit clipped. The frame holding it isn't big enough to display it all.

Chrome Version 97.0.4692.99

I guess this is probably a bug. I'll check there too.
dhnyny

Post by dhnyny »

The graphical elements of a board game are a big part of the experience of playing that game. I wouldn't be surprised if many members of our community feel the way I do: I'm attached to the graphics of my games. Mostly when I see a board game with updated graphics I wish the company had left things alone. I think this is why there's such a market for both genuine vintage games and retro versions of games.

Now I know we're talking about changes to the site interface, not changes to the games. But still, I think we need to keep in mind that when you change elements of the graphical landscape, you change the user's experience. And not all users want change.

I find the new changes to the site interface to be okay, though I don't see the point in having bigger, bolder buttons in Play Now. I was perfectly happy with the old version and hope we're not going to now see frequent changes.
Lord von Smith

Re: Design change mobile website

Post by Lord von Smith »

I use BGA on my phone a lot and I can live with an updated design. I just hope this isn't the final version yet.

The Burger menu looks confusing because you have the three lines on the left and the arrow on the right. This, to me, indicates two different menus, but they both do the same thing. The arrow is unneeded and confusing.

Also, I'm still really hoping that the menu will be updated so that I can access "Play now" from any part of the website. I don't see why I would have to use a menu to go to the main page first, just so that i can then use a menu to go to the "Play now" page. It's the most important part of the website and should be accessible directly from anywhere.

Also, and this is a nitpick, I would prefer it if the four dots in the waiting icon animation moved clockwise instead of line by line.
robinzig

Post by robinzig »

I really don't like the new mobile UI. Screen "real estate" is precious here yet you've made the menu take up so much more space!

Return to “BGA release notes”