Add a button to confirm players are ready to start

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
RealSplendorful

Add a button to confirm players are ready to start

Post by RealSplendorful »

This is real annoying that games start without me consenting as I wait for opponents. Then I get penalized for quitting when a simple solution is have a button to confirm all players are ready to start. Happened numerous times and I wish boardgamearena can fix this. Better experience for all!
MoiMagnus

Re: Add a button to confirm players are ready to start

Post by MoiMagnus »

RealSplendorful wrote: 25 January 2022, 18:27 This is real annoying that games start without me consenting as I wait for opponents. Then I get penalized for quitting when a simple solution is have a button to confirm all players are ready to start. Happened numerous times and I wish boardgamearena can fix this. Better experience for all!
This feature already exists. This is the case if you play non-arena game (in real time): the game wait for every player to start.
This feature even existed even arena was a thing, that's the default behaviour. I understand the reasoning of not wanting to allow arena player to cancel games after seeing their opponent and judging they are too likely to lose, but I don't understand why they didn't simply made the other players anonymous while waiting for them.

Return to “Splendor”