Non-playing Player who has signed up for A LOT of tournaments

Tournaments organization / Organisation des tournois
Tanjanica

Re: Non-playing Player who has signed up for A LOT of tournaments

Post by Tanjanica »

JoysJoy wrote: 22 June 2022, 23:51 I just read the result SOURISDUDESERT wrote here: https://boardgamearena.com/forum/viewto ... 20#p115555 and the moderator says only one email came about this player. I am glad they are finally acting on this issue.

PLEASE PLEASE tell me how to report players like that one? I did report that one under suggestions because there is no way I can see to make these types of reports. I went to their profile and tried every dang report option and there is nothing about those who sign up for HUNDREDS of time-based tournaments at once and then never once play at all (no one could possibly play that many, they chose this only to fail and ruin the games for the rest of us). I just end up with saying "something else" and basically being told- too bad, cope or leave, your choice, all else is allowed no matter how awful you and others find it. My premium is up in July and I've been thinking of walking away from the website over the utter lack of caring or help over this ruined tournament thing. It has been many, many months since I started trying to get this fixed and keep getting blown off.

I don't even get one reply to this question and this is my third time asking. I cannot email the moderators directly, I tried messaging SOURISDUDESERT but I can't. PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO REPORT BAD TIME-BASED TOURNAMENT PLAYERS????????????? PLEASE!!!!!!!! Third time asking
It's clearly your fault for not reporting the player. Ignore the fact there's no way to report them... It's still your fault. You shouldn't have joined these tournaments. You shouldn't have been matched with them.... 🤷‍♂️
zellaaa

Post by zellaaa »

Joel Marrinan wrote: 23 June 2022, 00:52
JoysJoy wrote: 22 June 2022, 23:51 I just read the result SOURISDUDESERT wrote here: https://boardgamearena.com/forum/viewto ... 20#p115555 and the moderator says only one email came about this player. I am glad they are finally acting on this issue.

PLEASE PLEASE tell me how to report players like that one? I did report that one under suggestions because there is no way I can see to make these types of reports. I went to their profile and tried every dang report option and there is nothing about those who sign up for HUNDREDS of time-based tournaments at once and then never once play at all (no one could possibly play that many, they chose this only to fail and ruin the games for the rest of us). I just end up with saying "something else" and basically being told- too bad, cope or leave, your choice, all else is allowed no matter how awful you and others find it. My premium is up in July and I've been thinking of walking away from the website over the utter lack of caring or help over this ruined tournament thing. It has been many, many months since I started trying to get this fixed and keep getting blown off.

I don't even get one reply to this question and this is my third time asking. I cannot email the moderators directly, I tried messaging SOURISDUDESERT but I can't. PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO REPORT BAD TIME-BASED TOURNAMENT PLAYERS????????????? PLEASE!!!!!!!! Third time asking
It's clearly your fault for not reporting the player. Ignore the fact there's no way to report them... It's still your fault. You shouldn't have joined these tournaments. You shouldn't have been matched with them.... 🤷‍♂️
Is this some type of sarcasm or what??
zellaaa
FSKFSK

Post by FSKFSK »

The new tournament rules (ban people with low reputation from tournaments) should reduce this problem but not completely eliminate it.
Tanjanica

Post by Tanjanica »

zellaaa wrote: 06 July 2022, 15:01

Yeah, I'm just joking around with JoysJoy, no worries :) He's on my friend list.
voriki

Post by voriki »

Joel Marrinan wrote: 11 July 2022, 08:37 Yeah, I'm just joking around with JoysJoy, no worries :) He's on my friend list.
You know what they say, keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer ;)
zellaaa

Post by zellaaa »

Joel Marrinan wrote: 11 July 2022, 08:37
zellaaa wrote: 06 July 2022, 15:01

Yeah, I'm just joking around with JoysJoy, no worries :) He's on my friend list.
Ah okie :)
zellaaa
Tanjanica

Post by Tanjanica »

Well, FwF is back again and killing hundreds of tournament games with time outs and quits...

So... after all this talk, nothing actually happenend?
JoysJoy

Post by JoysJoy »

Joel Marrinan wrote: 14 September 2022, 07:09 Well, FwF is back again and killing hundreds of tournament games with time outs and quits...

So... after all this talk, nothing actually happenend?
Yeah, FWF was evidently never talked to or dealt with. They ruined my tournament game, too, same pattern. Signs up for excessive numbers of games, fails to play, quickly fixes bad karma playing Cant Stop or lucky numbers, then ruins more tournaments.

I have mostly quit tournaments and plan to drop last minute all the events FWF signs up for. Really not worth the stress that fool causes my life. Type of player people leave websites over.

I also quit the game as soon as the fool goes overtime. You just know when you are playing FWF you are wasting your time and all efforts are useless, going nowhere. Makes you close the site and go away. No hope to be rid of the bad one to enjoy the good.
Silene

Post by Silene »

JoysJoy wrote: 15 September 2022, 12:56 Yeah, FWF was evidently never talked to or dealt with.
It's actually in interesting question if anyone has tried talking to them. Well - I haven't myself (but I commented on stuff about that subject so shame on me!). But has anyone tried? Was there a response?
Hosting Allround-League: https://boardgamearena.com/group?id=7870115 --> a league where you have matches of random games vs. other players in your group - season 6 started in Nov. '23 with 128 participants.
JoysJoy

Post by JoysJoy »

Silene wrote: 15 September 2022, 13:30
JoysJoy wrote: 15 September 2022, 12:56 Yeah, FWF was evidently never talked to or dealt with.
It's actually in interesting question if anyone has tried talking to them. Well - I haven't myself (but I commented on stuff about that subject so shame on me!). But has anyone tried? Was there a response?
I thought we are not allowed to approach each other about this kind of stuff? You can be censored for saying anytihng. I really really wanted to when i saw I had to play FWF again and that they had already had 51 over times and many quit games and had 90% Karma anyway due to a fresh round of Lucky Numbers. I think BGA needs to talk to them since they ban us from saying anything. If you try to report them the system says they got a -4 karma so they have been punished as punished as BGA allows, so put up with it or leave!

Really really frustrating there is no way to fix a problem like FWF

Return to “Tournaments / Les tournois”