Two Rules Clarifications

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Winslo2022

Two Rules Clarifications

Post by Winslo2022 »

Seeking clarification on two rules that we play differently to the game here.

1. "Placed exactly 5 Red Cats" Lesson. We always play that an Oshax is counted part of a family but doesn't change species. So if you have 4 red cats and an Oshax that is 'acting red' - then you still only have 4 reds. My wife did not receive her lesson points here when she had 5 red cats and an oshax acting red.

2. Placing common treasures. I was recently placing two small treasures and the system didn't allow me to add two of the same shape. Is this something we missed in the base rules?
sorryimlikethis

Re: Two Rules Clarifications

Post by sorryimlikethis »

Hi,

For the 1st query an Oshax that is red does count as a red cat, so if your wife had 5 red cats plus a red Oshax then she would be considered as having 6 red cats which is why she got no points.

For the 2nd query there's no rule about this so my guess is that due to the limited number of each type of common treasure the piece probably ran out of stock after your first placement. For 2 player games there aren't many of each type, I think 5 or 6.

Return to “The Isle of Cats”