Are you kidding me?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
IslandWayne

Are you kidding me?

Post by IslandWayne »

So the message says "if you want to leave the game without penalty because someone is not playing ..." So we leave the game and find another. And then I get some ridiculous note saying my "reputation has suffered ten points". Do they think they are talking to a ten year old? Ridiculous ....
bananasplay

Re: Are you kidding me?

Post by bananasplay »

IslandWayne wrote: 20 February 2022, 03:22 So the message says "if you want to leave the game without penalty because someone is not playing ..."
What did the rest of the message say? Can you provide a screenshot?
Please check my profile for a list of bugs that need upvotes so that BGA will maybe get around to fixing them.
Romain672

Post by Romain672 »

You need to click on the top button which will expulse the player if he doesn't play 20 seconds later.

Not leave the game yourself.
IslandWayne

Post by IslandWayne »

Thanks for your time everyone. Played on "Yucata" for years and never had an issue like this.
Silene

Post by Silene »

IslandWayne wrote: 20 February 2022, 23:46 Thanks for your time everyone. Played on "Yucata" for years and never had an issue like this.
I thought there is no real-time play there, or did that change? It's certainly an issue that can only come up on real-time-games with according time settings.
Hosting Allround-League: https://boardgamearena.com/group?id=7870115 --> a league where you have matches of random games vs. other players in your group - season 6 started in Nov. '23 with 128 participants.
IslandWayne

Post by IslandWayne »

This has nothing to do with "real time play". This has to do with treating people with respect. BGA message said, "a player is not playing, push this button to end the game with no penalty". Obviously there was something wrong on BBA end as there was an ignorant message that surfaced a day later. What I am saying, and I am not going to respond any further, is of all the years playing on other sites like Yucata, I have never been treated in such a manner.
BenInJapan

Post by BenInJapan »

Silene wrote: 21 February 2022, 11:21 I thought there is no real-time play there, or did that change? It's certainly an issue that can only come up on real-time-games with according time settings.
No, you can also run out of time in turn based play, as you are allotted a fixed time for you every move (default setting is 2 days, but can change depending on game settings). Otherwise turn based games could run forever when a player decides not to continue the game, allowing them to continue only winning games to boost their ELO, and also be very annoying to everyone else participating in that game.

Running out of time can only be prevented by manually opening a game without time limit, which is stated to be recommended only between friends (because of that issue)
BenInJapan

Post by BenInJapan »

IslandWayne wrote: 22 February 2022, 02:30 This has nothing to do with "real time play". This has to do with treating people with respect. BGA message said, "a player is not playing, push this button to end the game with no penalty". Obviously there was something wrong on BBA end as there was an ignorant message that surfaced a day later. What I am saying, and I am not going to respond any further, is of all the years playing on other sites like Yucata, I have never been treated in such a manner.
I'm not sure if I get your issue right here, you run out of thinking time in a game you were participating in, got skipped and complain that you lost some points from your reputation, is that right?
Silene

Post by Silene »

BenInJapan wrote: 22 February 2022, 07:52
Silene wrote: 21 February 2022, 11:21 I thought there is no real-time play there, or did that change? It's certainly an issue that can only come up on real-time-games with according time settings.
No, you can also run out of time in turn based play, as you are allotted a fixed time for you every move (default setting is 2 days, but can change depending on game settings). Otherwise turn based games could run forever when a player decides not to continue the game, allowing them to continue only winning games to boost their ELO, and also be very annoying to everyone else participating in that game.

Running out of time can only be prevented by manually opening a game without time limit, which is stated to be recommended only between friends (because of that issue)
What I meant is, it looked to me like OP was opening a table, waiting for their opponent, clicking some button and leaving the table all in one sitting (which would only happen like this in real-time-setting). But now I'm not sure anymore either, what exactly has happened there. So if he's not gonna respond anymore as he said - we'll never know ;)
Hosting Allround-League: https://boardgamearena.com/group?id=7870115 --> a league where you have matches of random games vs. other players in your group - season 6 started in Nov. '23 with 128 participants.

Return to “7 Wonders Architects”