A few thoughts on UI

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
RobertBr

A few thoughts on UI

Post by RobertBr »

A few user interface thoughts, obviously not high priority and I thought here was a sensible space for them so others could comment:

at the start of the economic phase for each player it would be good if the screen re-centred on the homeworld of the player.

‘You must resolve battles in an order of your choice’ would be clearer wording than ‘you must attack space ships in same system’, and if there is only one battle just go directly to that battle rather than wait for the player to click on the hex.

Show the dice roll and result of each attack in combat box, so players do not have go to the log to see what happened, and display target number next to enemy ship after a player has selected the firing ship.

Can planets be presented in alphabetic order in the economy phase to make it easy to find them (Home World then all others in alphabetic order).
Johan IV

Re: A few thoughts on UI

Post by Johan IV »

Agree with the comments above.

I also wonder how an attack on a planet can be done. I'm obviously noobish since when I try to do so by clicking my valiant raiding space ship the combat window closes and the combat phase is over.
RobertBr

Post by RobertBr »

If the planet is undefended you just click on the planet, that is certainly how it has worked the few times I have solo played an attack.
Edit - it just came up in a game. When you click on the unit it resolves the attack on the planet immediately.
cybrweez

Post by cybrweez »

I'm new to the game, to set the context.

Why does centering on home world in econ phase help? I think it's annoying when it centers on it for each move phase already.

I'd prefer a centering on the area of the map where action is required, that'd be great, altho I know sometimes multiple actions are available (multiple colony ships can initiate for instance), maybe just randomly picking one would be helpful though.

Return to “Space Empires: 4X”