Player Systematically refusing to confirm last arena turn

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Blango

Player Systematically refusing to confirm last arena turn

Post by Blango »

There is a tapestry player who appears to be systematically refusing to confirm their last turn in multiple Tapestry arena games. I attempted to report them but there was no option to do so. If there is an honest mistake by this player it appears difficult to see what it could be. I have tried messaging them. I tried to skip them in my game after they were nine days late, and they had not confirmed their last turn and had zero resources. The game still waited for them to confirm. Instead I got a message today that I had abandoned the game, when I reported a bug.

I looked at their profile and there are multiple arena games where they have not confirmed the end of their last turn. Meanwhile they continue to start new arena games while leaving multiple games unfinished and other players unable to finish.

The player doing this is identified below:
https://boardgamearena.com/player?id=88093503
Blango

Re: Player Systematically refusing to confirm last arena turn

Post by Blango »

Table #238961078
Move #648
Progression 93%

Table #241134736
Move #567
Progression 87%

See also
Tapestry #239304322 which was listed as abandoned due to a technical glitch after a bug was reported.
cybrweez

Post by cybrweez »

Ha, I just opened a bug for this, I'm one of those in with this guy. I skipped him but it's still stuck.
cybrweez

Post by cybrweez »

Ugh, I'm in another game w/him.
Een

Post by Een »

Please note this: https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=60615
At last in that case, player was not aware of the situation or could not do anything about it as it was a server sync issue.
cybrweez

Post by cybrweez »

Just to be clear Een, that is a separate issue correct? There appears to be an issue where you can not confirm your turn (maybe just your last turn?), and you cannot be skipped, in which case the game is just stuck.
Een

Post by Een »

cybrweez wrote: 07 March 2022, 19:26 Just to be clear Een, that is a separate issue correct? There appears to be an issue where you can not confirm your turn (maybe just your last turn?), and you cannot be skipped, in which case the game is just stuck.
Well I'm mentioning this because it may be the same issue (instead of the player refusing to confirm their turn on purpose).
cybrweez

Post by cybrweez »

Ah, ok. Could be, though multiple instances, all with same player...
JBisKOP

Post by JBisKOP »

en effet il y a un bug, je reçois même un mail me disant que des parties ne sont pas finies, alors qu'à la fin de mon dernier tour je les ai bien terminées.
ça m'énerve moi aussi ce bug car je loupe des victoires à cause de cela...
les tables ne s'ouvrent plus dans mon tour par tour et quand je clic sur la table en passant par la page des tables en tour par tour ça m'affiche partie terminée je ne peux rien faire qu'attendre que les autres joueurs jouent... sauf qu'à priori vous ne pouvez pas jouer car vous ça vous dit que c'est moi qui doit jouer... super...
cybrweez

Post by cybrweez »

Yea, this seems to be a recurring bug. It just happened to me. In my list of games where it was my turn, I never was notified of this table: 247901859. But apparently it was my turn? The log is confusing though, b/c it seems I was in the midst of income (last turn of course), and then left and never finished, which I would never do. Then I was skipped, which also did not notify me. When I go to the game now, it wants me to place a landmark, so I did and confirmed. When I go back, it wants to place the same landmark, so it's stuck.

Do we all continue opening bugs for each instance of this? Or is there some research into this issue going on?

Return to “Tapestry”