Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
Greesy monkey

Re: About war in Ukraine

Post by Greesy monkey »

That was another proofe that most of the russians supports putins actions
uh, err does this mean War? It's not only the Russians who are enjoying the War...enjoy it while it lasts, could be the end of all...
tboard

Post by tboard »

America expanded its borders in the nineteenth century through the use of Manifest Destiny. Russia is only trying to do the same, please do not interfere. By invoking Manifest Destiny, Russia has the right to conquer all western lands leading up to the Atlantic Ocean. It is their God given right to do this.

I am hoping sarcasm is allowed on here. Otherwise, I am screwed.
Dar 1111

Post by Dar 1111 »

actually when I talk with russians they are saying exactly the same with small exception - they exclude sarcasm :D
Leard

Post by Leard »

A bit late to the discussion, but are BGA doing anything to allow Russians that don't support Putin and the war to change their flag to something else?

Personally, I don't want to play with Russians, and any Russians I come across will be getting automatic red thumbs. They can change their country if they want to avoid that. So it's unfair on Russians that don't support Putin. By default, I will be taking anybody that continues to display the Russian flag as a supporter of the war and Putin.
Greesy monkey

Post by Greesy monkey »

Leard wrote: 23 March 2023, 16:19 Personally, I don't want to play with Russians, and any Russians I come across will be getting automatic red thumbs. They can change their country if they want to avoid that. So it's unfair on Russians that don't support Putin. By default, I will be taking anybody that continues to display the Russian flag as a supporter of the war and Putin.
That'll Show em! You go Girl!!!
Silene

Post by Silene »

Leard wrote: 23 March 2023, 16:19 A bit late to the discussion, but are BGA doing anything to allow Russians that don't support Putin and the war to change their flag to something else?

Personally, I don't want to play with Russians, and any Russians I come across will be getting automatic red thumbs. They can change their country if they want to avoid that. So it's unfair on Russians that don't support Putin. By default, I will be taking anybody that continues to display the Russian flag as a supporter of the war and Putin.
Unfortunately the setting flag to unknown is buggy. I tried setting mine to unknown but it keeps resetting itself to Germany after a while. Logout/Login or other devices might play a role but I couldn't figure it out yet how to make it keep the flag as unknown so I gave up.
Hosting Allround-League: https://boardgamearena.com/group?id=7870115 --> a league where you have matches of random games vs. other players in your group - season 6 started in Nov. '23 with 128 participants.
Greesy monkey

Post by Greesy monkey »

I will be taking anybody that continues to display the Russian flag as a supporter of the war and Putin.
Would that include its allies as well?
Leard

Post by Leard »

Yes, Belarus in particular.
Dar 1111

Post by Dar 1111 »

The solution is very simple.
Just change the flags to oppositions:
Belarus: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White-red-white_flag
Russia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White-blue-white_flag

It is insane that I still can not avoid playing BGA without seeing russian flag.. This is terroristic country.
Dar 1111

Post by Dar 1111 »

BTW in one online game I am playing - belarus community asked to use this opposition flag white-red-white.
In the mean time russians still playing with "black empty flag"... But there are NO flags of these terroristic countries.

Return to “Discussions”