More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
PappyGarcia

Re: About war in Ukraine

Post by PappyGarcia »

*Moderated
player1772

Post by player1772 »

"Pro-Putin Protesters Gather In Washington, DC" - This is the news headline that was recently put out by MSNBC. Tulsi Gabbard, Ron Paul and Roger Waters were among those present at the protest. These people were advocating for a peaceful resolution to the war in Ukraine. But, somehow, they are also Putin supporters. Amazing! It's really interesting to see how the media can twist facts to convince you of something that is not true. To the best of my knowledge, none of these people have ever said that they support Putin. All they want is peace. This is another clear example of why you cannot trust the media.

I too have been called a Russian supporter and propagandist on this site by someone I will not name. If you have been following these posts, you know who that person is. It seems that since he was losing badly in our debate, he resorted to throwing insults and making unfounded claims. Sad, really.
robinzig

Post by robinzig »

player1772 wrote: 21 February 2023, 06:48 "Pro-Putin Protesters Gather In Washington, DC" - This is the news headline that was recently put out by MSNBC. Tulsi Gabbard, Ron Paul and Roger Waters were among those present at the protest. These people were advocating for a peaceful resolution to the war in Ukraine. But, somehow, they are also Putin supporters. Amazing! It's really interesting to see how the media can twist facts to convince you of something that is not true. To the best of my knowledge, none of these people have ever said that they support Putin. All they want is peace. This is another clear example of why you cannot trust the media.

I too have been called a Russian supporter and propagandist on this site by someone I will not name. If you have been following these posts, you know who that person is. It seems that since he was losing badly in our debate, he resorted to throwing insults and making unfounded claims. Sad, really.
I'm still reading you know. We were having no "debate" - you simply posted twisted versions of history (much like the Americans you mention are universally regarded by sane people as doing) and didn't like it when I pointed out that you were wrong, and have since simply stated I am wrong without producing a shred of evidence to the contrary.

Unfortunately I'm done "debating" with you, but I am sure neutral observers can see who is being reasonable and who is not.

Anyway, I'll restate the key point - everyone (except Putin and his supporters of course) desperately wants peace. But peace cannot come at any cost. The likes of Roger Waters (I confess I haven't researched the views of the others you mention) are happy to achieve peace by Ukraine giving up most of its territory to the Russian invaders, and giving in to whatever other demands they make. Of course if strongmen the world over are taught that they can get whatever they want by sending their armies into peaceful countries and bullying them, peace is the very last thing that will result in the long term. But I guess that's just an "insult" or an "unfounded claim"...
Dr Wilson

Post by Dr Wilson »

player1772 wrote: 21 February 2023, 06:48 I too have been called a Russian supporter
Those who believe that the Russian attacker should get part of his prey in return for stopping his aggression, those who believe that denying support to the defender is "promoting peace", those who believe that the Russian neighbours exist only to serve as their masters sphere of interest, I call Putin supporters. Now and always. If you feel adressed by this, is a matter between you and your conscience.
AKuras

Post by AKuras »

Į still Dont get why all russians are not banned.
Į understand not everybody supports war there but their are still responsable. Its their country and they need to fix it. Untill they do it they have to be clossed out of the world Any way possible. *. This is madness. Worst possible stance boardgames could have taken.
They choose to elt in killers! For couple bucks!!!
We need to have a poll and see what players want and i can guarantee most will want to ban russians.

*Moderator edit: when communicating we expect players to be respectful in all circumstances. Wishing violence is not permitted.
Dr Wilson

Post by Dr Wilson »

AKuras wrote: 22 February 2023, 09:59 Į still Dont get why all russians are not banned.
I agree with you, but boardgamearena has decided not to do it.
Roma locuta – Causa finita
AKuras

Post by AKuras »

Im going to kick Any person with russians flag. I encourage you do the same
Silene

Post by Silene »

AKuras wrote: 22 February 2023, 09:59 Į still Dont get why all russians are not banned.
Į understand not everybody supports war there but their are still responsable. Its their country and they need to fix it.
Why does responsibility end at political borders? Maybe all humankind is responsible and we all need to go fix the terrible things that happen all over the world before we go play online games? Maybe everyone should be banned from here.

I agree that putting pressure on Russia as a nation through all kinds of sanctions is the right thing to do. Resistance can only be born from within and it won't be if everything is cozy and comfortable. But at the same time we can't expect every single person to be part of a resistance movement. That isn't possible in russia as well as in any other country. That doesn't mean everyone not fighting with all they've got for this cause is a bad person. People are in different circumstances and have different backgrounds.
Untill they do it they have to be clossed out of the world Any way possible.
Shutting private persons out from private activities and removing the possibility to be part of an international network might just be another brick in the wall of making them believe all the world is against them anyway (personally - not talking about the war here because yeah, there everyone is against russia) and that might even add fuel to the fire that russian propaganda is burning. It won't achieve anything - rather the opposite. All it does is channelling your hatred while as a side-effect also channelling their's. It might even push some into thinking that the war might after all be justified. Also I think for a resistance movement to emerge, it is helpful for the people in it to have a window to the outside world. It's not helpful to shut out any russion from every contact and I do not believe it is the right action to do it on BGA.
Hosting Allround-League: https://boardgamearena.com/group?id=7870115 --> a league where you have matches of random games vs. other players in your group - season 6 started in Nov. '23 with 128 participants.
player1772

Post by player1772 »

Dr Wilson wrote: 21 February 2023, 22:39
player1772 wrote: 21 February 2023, 06:48 I too have been called a Russian supporter
Those who believe that the Russian attacker should get part of his prey in return for stopping his aggression, those who believe that denying support to the defender is "promoting peace", those who believe that the Russian neighbours exist only to serve as their masters sphere of interest, I call Putin supporters. Now and always. If you feel adressed by this, is a matter between you and your conscience.
Continuing to advocate for more military aid to Ukraine without looking for any possible paths to a peaceful resolution is like playing Russian roulette.
Piters

Post by Piters »

I don't want to play and I don't play with anyone from russia.

Return to “Discussions”